Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

To much for me, but seems like a lot of boat for the price. How do the almar sounders ride? Better worse or same build quality to silverstreak?
Pod looks to have been added so unless it was engineered perfectly I would guess this one would be worse than a silverstreak if it had an original pod on it. Guy is advertising a 12-inch Lowrance but the picture is of 10 inch. Never been out in one but looked at them for sale online when I was buying. Sure looks like a nice dance floor and LOA has to be closer to 30?

Pod looks to have been added so unless it was engineered perfectly I would guess this one would be worse than a silverstreak if it had an original pod on it. Guy is advertising a 12-inch Lowrance but the picture is of 10 inch. Never been out in one but looked at them for sale online when I was buying. Sure looks like a nice dance floor and LOA has to be closer to 30?
If it does 50 with a single 300 then it ain't going to ride great and it must be skinny or not have much deadrise aft. It'll be light. It's a 30 year old aluminium. The designs in aluminum have progressed over the years. That's ancient in the aluminum world.

Last edited:
If it does 50 with a single 300 then it ain't going to ride great and it must be skinny or not have much deadrise aft. It'll be light. It's a 30 year old aluminium. The designs in aluminum have progressed over the years. That's ancient in the aluminum world.

Some builders build light - IE Gregor/Klamath - great for what they are.. but they havent changed in 30 years other that minor tweeks. Thin stamped hulls.

Others like Daigle/eagle craft have built plate boats from the get go and have not changed much..

Looking at that POD it follows the same lines as the hull. Looks like decent deadrise.. but no reverse chines. So guessing it rides decent.. but maybe rocky at rest?

Who's got time in an Almar Sounder that could comment?

Some builders build light - IE Gregor/Klamath - great for what they are.. but they havent changed in 30 years other that minor tweeks. Thin stamped hulls.

Others like Daigle/eagle craft have built plate boats from the get go and have not changed much..

Looking at that POD it follows the same lines as the hull. Looks like decent deadrise.. but no reverse chines. So guessing it rides decent.. but maybe rocky at rest?

Who's got time in an Almar Sounder that could comment?

Regarding welded plate boats; construction and design have changed a massive amount just in the last 10 years or so. Hull shape, deadrise, deck design, etc. have improved quite a lot when combined with modern construction techniques. From personal experience, Eagle/Daigle boats from recent years ride a lot softer and cut through chop way more comfortably than hulls from even a few years ago. Similar experiences with Liquid Metal, Titan, Lifetimer builds.

From what I can see, the hull would ride nicely with how little 'flat' surfaces but by the same token might be harder to get on plane even with the running strakes and be quite a wet ride. The other thing I noticed is that the cabin isn't solid welded construction, looks like the roof is bolted to the hull. Not really a big deal if being used recreationally but would definitely flex and develop rattles over time as well as potentially letting in moisture. Aluminum hulls can indeed last a lifetime but the wiring, interior, and other components are still likely over 30 years old.

Regarding welded plate boats; construction and design have changed a massive amount just in the last 10 years or so. Hull shape, deadrise, deck design, etc. have improved quite a lot when combined with modern construction techniques. From personal experience, Eagle/Daigle boats from recent years ride a lot softer and cut through chop way more comfortably than hulls from even a few years ago. Similar experiences with Liquid Metal, Titan, Lifetimer builds.

From what I can see, the hull would ride nicely with how little 'flat' surfaces but by the same token might be harder to get on plane even with the running strakes and be quite a wet ride. The other thing I noticed is that the cabin isn't solid welded construction, looks like the roof is bolted to the hull. Not really a big deal if being used recreationally but would definitely flex and develop rattles over time as well as potentially letting in moisture. Aluminum hulls can indeed last a lifetime but the wiring, interior, and other components are still likely over 30 years old.
I saw a riverhawk / RH that had a welded roof.. not a big deal bolted vs welded if the hull is built right. The riverhawk had cracks above both corners of both the cabin door and the windshield door... The whole hull was flexing and cracked the door corners where they joined the roof.... IMHO when your hull depends on the roof for support... its not engineered correctly. On of many reasons I dont trust the RH/riverhawk hulls.. That and a rebrand to get away from warranty issues. / thread derail over. Thanks for the feedback.

This was for sale a year and a half ago. I was making plans for the guy to deliver to the border and have it towed across. The guy wanted 60K before. Not sure if this is a new owner or is it Cdn pricing at 85K?? Either way nice boat but thought Covid tax was over. Thought he was around that location before. Just north of Seattle area.

This was for sale a year and a half ago. I was making plans for the guy to deliver to the border and have it towed across. The guy wanted 60K before. Not sure if this is a new owner or is it Cdn pricing at 85K?? Either way nice boat but thought Covid tax was over. Thought he was around that location before. Just north of Seattle area.
appears (I assume) he has already done the conversion? It is a Vancouver BC ad on Craigslist.

I think the covid tax is done for.. with rising mortgage rates, and nothing to fish for this season on the inside.. i think we will start to see prices drop.

I texted Snyder this link and reminded him how amazing of a job he did on his. That guy is an absolute legend!

Back