Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I have a yamaha 250 that had the corrosion issue. I feel like i could have this thing bought and podded (remove existing drivetrain, install pod, fiberlgass work and fix the yamaha powerhead) for around $55k all in.

Wonder what it would be worth..
id figure you could prob make 15-20k on top of your investment assuming everything is clean and working minty.

I have a yamaha 250 that had the corrosion issue. I feel like i could have this thing bought and podded (remove existing drivetrain, install pod, fiberlgass work and fix the yamaha powerhead) for around $55k all in.

If it was in BC for 20k CAD I’d say worth considering if they were generous with their receipt writing so you could find ways to save on the tax. I’d think it would be tough at 20k usd plus 12% even if you got money for the leg and block. Almost brand new 22 defiance isn’t selling at 99k, so I would price a podded older Seasport at more like 39k. My buddy is planning to sell an older 22 c-dory with newer power in that range and I think it’ll be a tough sell in this market. If you could get it done for under 40k it would be a little more attractive.

28 foot Aluminum boat - $27,000.

28' heavily built welded aluminum cabin pleasure craft cruiser constructed to good shipyard standards. Fitted with an aft cargo deck and inside living quarters suitable for weekend cruising. She is unpowered at this time, but originally outfitted with twin 165 hp turbo diesel Volvo outdrives (according to previous owner). Recently had 3' pod professionally fabricated and installed by local welding shop (Parksville), to accommodate twin outboards. Shop also altered bow fuel tank to sit lower in the bow to make more room for V birth. Nice new custom wood interior mostly complete with brand new appliances (stove/oven, fridge, microwave), and manual marine head. Some electrical done, but requires finishing - engines and rigging. 3 diesel fuel tanks: one in the bow, second midships, third auxiliary diesel tank on the fly bridge for gravity feed to a diesel heater (no heater included). Great project boat with lots of potential.

There were 50 of these total made by Allied shipyards. 25 for the Coast Guard and 25 for the RCMP. Also was told that the rolling chocks were added after initial sea trials.

Boat specifications:
L.O.A= 28’
Beam = 8’4”
Draft = 24”
Under 5 Gross Tons

A7F96849-56F9-415C-B555-45854E907BC4.jpegDE8729ED-AB87-4DD4-A60B-A2CFFB445D16.jpeg89C66F3A-7297-4BA1-AF7F-15DD1BC3FBC7.jpeg76D5A6E5-DBA7-411C-BA46-D1E1B8D528FA.jpeg

28 foot Aluminum boat - $27,000.

28' heavily built welded aluminum cabin pleasure craft cruiser constructed to good shipyard standards. Fitted with an aft cargo deck and inside living quarters suitable for weekend cruising. She is unpowered at this time, but originally outfitted with twin 165 hp turbo diesel Volvo outdrives (according to previous owner). Recently had 3' pod professionally fabricated and installed by local welding shop (Parksville), to accommodate twin outboards. Shop also altered bow fuel tank to sit lower in the bow to make more room for V birth. Nice new custom wood interior mostly complete with brand new appliances (stove/oven, fridge, microwave), and manual marine head. Some electrical done, but requires finishing - engines and rigging. 3 diesel fuel tanks: one in the bow, second midships, third auxiliary diesel tank on the fly bridge for gravity feed to a diesel heater (no heater included). Great project boat with lots of potential.

There were 50 of these total made by Allied shipyards. 25 for the Coast Guard and 25 for the RCMP. Also was told that the rolling chocks were added after initial sea trials.

Boat specifications:
L.O.A= 28’
Beam = 8’4”
Draft = 24”
Under 5 Gross Tons

Its back..

Back