Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I had another boat lined up with a bud. He decided not to sell, so I bought Motley. Then a week later he had a change of heart, so I’m buying his.

What was your take on the borrower effect vs fixed deck? I've come to terms that I don't want an express style vessel, family rarely wants to come out anyway. So that small midship cabin and large T top works well.
I will freely admit I don't know what that means, borrower effect vs fixed deck. That Edgewater 280cx you mentioned has a 9'6 beam, that would be very fishy.

I will freely admit I don't know what that means, borrower effect vs fixed deck. That Edgewater 280cx you mentioned has a 9'6 beam, that would be very fishy.

Sorry, man, that was an epic Samsung autocorrect fail on my part...should read "bowrider" effect. Anyway I've been pouring through hull truth and I saw a guy who had a dodger made for upfront for shade and shelter, that would convert the bow area to a usable bunk too. Lots to think about but I've been looking a lot since last year...

Sorry, man, that was an epic Samsung autocorrect fail on my part...should read "bowrider" effect. Anyway I've been pouring through hull truth and I saw a guy who had a dodger made for upfront for shade and shelter, that would convert the bow area to a usable bunk too. Lots to think about but I've been looking a lot since last year...
I looked at a Seaswirl 19' dual console last year but it did not have quite the raised shear line and impressive hull entry that this one does. The enclosed potty is like a CC with one in the console area. What about value without a trailer? That would need a $6000 dual axle I would think.

Figured seemed to good to be true! What is it?

Looks to be a lodge boat (in typical lodge condition). Im pretty sure I’ve seen this boat for sale a few times in the past. White painted hull with a radar arch midship over the centre console. Looks to have newer power than what was on it before (if it is in fact the same boat).

I looked at a Seaswirl 19' dual console last year but it did not have quite the raised shear line and impressive hull entry that this one does. The enclosed potty is like a CC with one in the console area. What about value without a trailer? That would need a $6000 dual axle I would think.

Most trailers that come with boats are over valued IMHO, often needing brake work and new tires all around. Easy to drop 2K into a trailer only worth 3k after you put the work in. With dfo closures towing up island and to Rupert may be the norm and best done on a newer trailer anyways.

Well, turns out I don't need to buy a boat. I got in touch with the new owner of the yacht I used to work on and he hired me for the times I can make it out. We'll be at the Tuna Shootout tournament in Bamfield, see you there!

View attachment 55946
you got on with Zonk!!
see you here or out there!

Never seen anything like it.. anyone know the builder?
I know!! I'm always looking!! It's kinda cool ! Perfect for the loner fisher. With a place to sleep in what looks like a bulletproof shell. I'd mount a single pedestal Princess Auto suspension tractor seat. One could get to some out of the way sps

What was your take on the borrower effect vs fixed deck? I've come to terms that I don't want an express style vessel, family rarely wants to come out anyway. So that small midship cabin and large T top works well.
Did you buy it? Now showing as sold.

Back