Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

good compression but not running. So spend $2k in injectors, seals, ECU maybe, thermostat, zincs, ignition module, get it running, and it has a cracked water jacket somewhere, and the crankcase turns into a milkshake machine. Usually if things are “an easy fix” the seller will easily fix them and get top dollar.
its just like vehicles they will google it all day long and say its an "easy" fix lol because some forum says so and the thread never truly ends just stays open forever lol

its just like vehicles they will google it all day long and say its an "easy" fix lol because some forum says so and the thread never truly ends just stays open forever lol
Exactly. Plus, if the seller wants $20k, then he should spend a couple hundred bucks on a diagnosis before dumping his basket case on some other chump and fleeing the country lol

Unless he HAS spend the $ and didn’t like what the mechanic told him.

good compression but not running. So spend $2k in injectors, seals, ECU maybe, thermostat, zincs, ignition module, get it running, and it has a cracked water jacket somewhere, and the crankcase turns into a milkshake machine. Usually if things are “an easy fix” the seller will easily fix them and get top dollar.
Guess I should read the ads. My bad

IS $65k a fair value for this boat? It has twin 2005 Yamaha 150HP 2 stroke with 1,400 hrs. Will these engines last for a few years?
Those dphi's are not sought after in our local market. Maybe 5k value to the right buyer? Could last a while or blow up tomorrow. Really the same could be said for any almost twenty year old outboard. The hpdi two strokes are not anywhere near as reliable as the venerable 150 yam 4 stroke.
Value the boat for repower.....

IS $65k a fair value for this boat? It has twin 2005 Yamaha 150HP 2 stroke with 1,400 hrs. Will these engines last for a few years?
I would look at what it would cost to repower, likely 50k or so. Is the boat with worth 115k plus taxes to you? Trailer might need to be upgraded to Electric over hydraulic brakes to be legal.

Not sure the age of those electronics, sounds like a good package but electronics seem to last 5-8 years on average. Nice rear steering wheel.

I agree 5k would be if you could find the right buyer, for the engines. I don’t think dealers would give you anything in trade in and would charge you $ to remove them.

I would look at what it would cost to repower, likely 50k or so. Is the boat with worth 115k plus taxes to you? Trailer might need to be upgraded to Electric over hydraulic brakes to be legal.

Not sure the age of those electronics, sounds like a good package but electronics seem to last 5-8 years on average. Nice rear steering wheel.

I agree 5k would be if you could find the right buyer, for the engines. I don’t think dealers would give you anything in trade in and would charge you $ to remove them.
I guess this looks like a better deal?

I would wonder why there are 2005 2 strokes on a 2001 hull, especially with today’s fuel and 2 stroke oil prices. He most likely picked up those higher hour 2 strokes very cheap or close to nothing to replace older original motors just to sell the package. Very interesting.

I would wonder why there are 2005 2 strokes on a 2001 hull, especially with today’s fuel and 2 stroke oil prices. He most likely picked up those higher hour 2 strokes very cheap or close to nothing to replace older original motors just to sell the package. Very interesting.
make sense. He owned the boat for 3 months. He said he bought it to sell

Yes! Some members feel it is under powered but the engine is definetly worth a lot more and everything seems to have been redone in the last 10 years. The kicker, electronics and newer trailer add up to tens of thousands of dollars you hopefully won’t have to spend in the next year or two, where old two strokes are almost a guaranteed negative value soon.

They are likely open to offers as it has been sitting on the market for a while.

If you usually fish with 2-3 people all under 200lbs and keep the boat lightly loaded it might perform well. I believe that is a good series of engine but check with a yami expert.

If you and your passengers are all over 250lbs and you fish with 4 people than 300hp or more might be needed to go fast.

Yeah they wanted close to 100k to start out with. I live in Ukee part time and have looked at the grady. It's in ok shape. This boat will be a bit of a dog with the single and the original bracket. It is showing its age in some ways.
As Kael said, the single 250 would be ok (barely passable with light loads and fishing calm water). Don't believe there was much negotiation room left.
Still some potential pitfalls with a 25 year old grady hull.

Back