Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

That looks like a very nice Grady, hope the long distance purchase went well for your buddy.
Yeah he’s pretty happy. We had it out jigging for lings and to put on the trailer he had bought here on the island used had a Grady white on it before and thankfully Grady sent him the trailer setup requirements so it went on like a glove at esquimalt anglers.

I’d “over” pay for local before going that far or even to WA, like I did years ago. Just hard to find nice clean boats here and even looking at them off the island is a pain.

The proof will be Bamfield shake down trip 8-12th of June!

Sorry up front, I just had to.....couldn't help myself :p

She’s been for sale for a while. I don’t know why someone hasn’t jumped on her.

I think that was a different one listed at parksville boat house for 25K
It was this one.
It has a wet stringer and an area of the transom below the boot for the kiecker controls. Doesn't appear rotten yet, but it'll get there sooner than later.
The top side is in beauty shape. Just a couple errors on the conversion job that compromised the stringers.

I followed this thread back and think he was talking about the one in lantzville.
View attachment 79578
Yes, this was Lantzville.

I talked to Brando about this boat (he has one). He made some very good points. Main one being something like this... good luck finding a 30 year old hourston that doesn't have some moisture issues. He's very right.

I also called Al Phillips who does a bunch of hourston builds. After the half hour conversation I walked away from the boat. It was the right call for me, but might be right for someone.

I don't have glass skills. Sending this boat to extreme or dryland would be very expensive.

Yes, this was Lantzville.

I talked to Brando about this boat (he has one). He made some very good points. Main one being something like this... good luck finding a 30 year old hourston that doesn't have some moisture issues. He's very right.

I also called Al Phillips who does a bunch of hourston builds. After the half hour conversation I walked away from the boat. It was the right call for me, but might be right for someone.

I don't have glass skills. Sending this boat to extreme or dryland would be very expensive.
Too bad. If it was a 150/9.9 Id almost buy it for the power.

nice looking 542

444A4E81-7AB5-4FC5-A61B-9ECAF11A125F.png

Back