Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Not to mention the seller mentions a couple fixes are in order. Sounds like a couple 10G fixes...
Yes sir, the same boat with twins outboard would of sold.in my experience (only own one diesel inboard) that thing was always in the shop, money I put on it, plus my time would of put a brand new outboard on it, never again will I sniff diesel in a boat lol. btw I been driving diesel trucks for over 20 years lol

Well,I did what I've told my boys not to do for years,I bought a beater.I've been looking for a 2470 Pursuit or similar for 10 months with no luck .I've posted wanted ads in Victoria,Vancouver,Seattle etc. with no good leads at all.I've bored everybody to death on this forum trying to find something nice for $60K.I was told I was looking for a unicorn,not going to find it for a measly $60K.So I bought this 1995 2470 with an OX66 225 and 9.9 HT Yamaha ,2 downriggers,crab pot hauler,BBQ,big Loadrite trailer for cheap.It comes with mold,slime,mussels and a delaminated fuel tank hatch.I spent $2K in parts just to get the trailer mobile enough to bring it down from Nanaimo to Victoria today and there will be much more to spend.But I got it cheap enough that I can buy a brand new 250 - 4 stroke if I decide to and still be under my $60 budget,so I had to do it.

1649295048402.png

Last edited:
Well,I did what I've told my boys not to do for years,I bought a beater.I've been looking for a 2470 Pursuit or similar for 10 months with no luck .I've poosted wanted ads in Victoria,Vancouver,Seattle etc. with no good leads at all.I've bored everybody to death on this forum trying to find something nice for $60K.I was told I was looking for a unicorn,not going to find it for a measly $60K.So I bought this 1995 2470 with an OX66 225 and 9.9 HT Yamaha ,2 downriggers,crab pot hauler,BBQ,big Loadrite trailer for cheap.It comes with mold,slime,mussels and a delaminated fuel tank hatch.I spent $2K just to get the trailer mobile enough to bring it down from Nanaimo to Victoria today and there will be much more to spend.But I got it cheap enough that I can buy a brand new 250 - 4 stroke and still be under my $60 budget,so I had to do it.

View attachment 77726
Is that the one with the rotten deck???, from Craigslist. A bit of work and you got yourself one of the sweetest riding boat out there. I sea trial one before I bought my wellcraft, inboard model 383 stroker with a bravo 3 and wow was it sweet, but I pass because of the I/0, my wife said to me you said no more I/o, that made the light go on ( no more I/o)so I passed but what a sweet riding boat

Last edited:
Well,I did what I've told my boys not to do for years,I bought a beater.I've been looking for a 2470 Pursuit or similar for 10 months with no luck .I've poosted wanted ads in Victoria,Vancouver,Seattle etc. with no good leads at all.I've bored everybody to death on this forum trying to find something nice for $60K.I was told I was looking for a unicorn,not going to find it for a measly $60K.So I bought this 1995 2470 with an OX66 225 and 9.9 HT Yamaha ,2 downriggers,crab pot hauler,BBQ,big Loadrite trailer for cheap.It comes with mold,slime,mussels and a delaminated fuel tank hatch.I spent $2K just to get the trailer mobile enough to bring it down from Nanaimo to Victoria today and there will be much more to spend.But I got it cheap enough that I can buy a brand new 250 - 4 stroke and still be under my $60 budget,so I had to do it.

View attachment 77726
Trailer looks exactly like mine! Does it have electric over hydraulic discs? Boat looks great. Guys in the US love those engines so much there is one hanging off an osprey for 65usd. Kicker is nice.

Well,I did what I've told my boys not to do for years,I bought a beater.I've been looking for a 2470 Pursuit or similar for 10 months with no luck .I've poosted wanted ads in Victoria,Vancouver,Seattle etc. with no good leads at all.I've bored everybody to death on this forum trying to find something nice for $60K.I was told I was looking for a unicorn,not going to find it for a measly $60K.So I bought this 1995 2470 with an OX66 225 and 9.9 HT Yamaha ,2 downriggers,crab pot hauler,BBQ,big Loadrite trailer for cheap.It comes with mold,slime,mussels and a delaminated fuel tank hatch.I spent $2K just to get the trailer mobile enough to bring it down from Nanaimo to Victoria today and there will be much more to spend.But I got it cheap enough that I can buy a brand new 250 - 4 stroke if I decide to and still be under my $60 budget,so I had to do it.

View attachment 77726
Rockon!

Who wants to pay 90k on a boat, then dish out 20k a year to keep that D6 going??? That’s why it’s not selling I think
I’m honestly confused. 20k per year to run a single newer diesel with a shaft? You’d have to put 2 sets of twin outboards on that boat before that single wears out . Unless I am missing something here?

I’m honestly confused. 20k per year to run a single newer diesel with a shaft? You’d have to put 2 sets of twin outboards on that boat before that single wears out . Unless I am missing something here?
Where those it say newer diesel??? Wears out is not the problem with those,everything attach to it craps out all the time and it’s 5-10k repairs over and over, don’t believe me go buy one I dare you lol

Where those it say newer diesel??? Wears out is not the problem with those,everything attach to it craps out all the time and it’s 5-10k repairs over and over, don’t believe me go buy one I dare you lol
I don’t want to argue over it but I personally know people with multiple good size crew boats that run twin D6s. They run basically WOT every day and get thousands of hours at 55-60mph. Anyhow, I ain’t buying it and either are you so I’d say it doesn’t really matter.

I don’t want to argue over it but I personally know people with multiple good size crew boats that run twin D6s. They run basically WOT every day and get thousands of hours at 55-60mph. Anyhow, I ain’t buying it and either are you so I’d say it doesn’t really matter.
In my experience the fuel burn of twin outboards is over double that of a single diesel, and if you have driven by a gas station lately that is a big deal.

After you shell out $600 in fuel for a days fishing this summer you will be singing a different tune.

Well,I did what I've told my boys not to do for years,I bought a beater.I've been looking for a 2470 Pursuit or similar for 10 months with no luck .I've posted wanted ads in Victoria,Vancouver,Seattle etc. with no good leads at all.I've bored everybody to death on this forum trying to find something nice for $60K.I was told I was looking for a unicorn,not going to find it for a measly $60K.So I bought this 1995 2470 with an OX66 225 and 9.9 HT Yamaha ,2 downriggers,crab pot hauler,BBQ,big Loadrite trailer for cheap.It comes with mold,slime,mussels and a delaminated fuel tank hatch.I spent $2K in parts just to get the trailer mobile enough to bring it down from Nanaimo to Victoria today and there will be much more to spend.But I got it cheap enough that I can buy a brand new 250 - 4 stroke if I decide to and still be under my $60 budget,so I had to do it.

View attachment 77726
Rayvon, from 1995-mid 1999 pursuit had a removable gas tank lid and the design with screws leads to the lid getting "wet" and hence soft, and is quite common. Although I sold my 2470 a few years ago, I also had a 1995 for 11 years and when I purchased it, the lid was soft. I removed myself and took to a fiberglass shop and they charged me $300 USD for the repair maybe 13-14 years ago. Two of my friends also bought this boat and found soft lid, and did the same fiberglass repair, which in each case never repeated itself. I hope that is the extent of your fiberglass woes, and I am glad you found such a great boat! DAJ

Back