Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Utter failure... Its a 20' Silverstreak Cc in Black Creek on Craigslist. Someone more tech could help out maybe? I hate my new phone....

Utter failure... Its a 20' Silverstreak Cc in Black Creek on Craigslist. Someone more tech could help out maybe? I hate my new phone....

I've seen it before, browsing when I was visiting family last weekend.

structural, pilot house shudders hard, and very weak fibreglass DE-lam! and bonding in the corners. like the gel coat was put on too thick in areas. cracks everywhere really.

for sure would be decent boat for inside waters. they just cant take the pounding.
of the two I know of from Ucluelet, one nearly sank when the bottom cracked open and the other one was repaired for thousands to deal with stress cracks in the deck. It is a shame because they are otherwise a great fishing platform.

of the two I know of from Ucluelet, one nearly sank when the bottom cracked open and the other one was repaired for thousands to deal with stress cracks in the deck. It is a shame because they are otherwise a great fishing platform.
All of the Bahas in Ukee had various issues. The only one that hasn't had glass issues was babied and guided very very lightly. Its for sale and hasn't been fished in 3 years. Was replaced by a tinny in his fleet. Great charter layout as they don't waist all the beam in the house with the WA layout. Ride hard unfortunately.

That Tyee is my old boat!!! It is/was a fantastic fishing platform, took me absolutely everywhere on the west coast out of Nootka as well as the normal spots out of Campbell River. Someone is going to end up with a very nice boat that was very well taken care of. When I showed my wife that our old boat was back on the market, she immediately suggested that I go and buy it back. She really enjoyed that boat too. .....Who knows, just might happen if it's still available in a few days time.....Nice boat.....BTW, I bought it brand new as a custom order from the factory in 2002, so it's actually an '02, not an '04 as described, probably just a typo....
How did the 90hp perform? Seems like it would be a little small for 4 people onboard.

How did the 90hp perform? Seems like it would be a little small for 4 people onboard.
It worked just fine, although I never had 4 people in it. It’s not really a 4 person boat, that’s why I had a Captain’s seat for the skipper, and standard sleeper seats on the other side. Loaded to the nuts with either 2 or 3 people and enough gear to spend a week at Critter Cove, the boat would cruise right along at 30 mph @ 4000 rpm. Leave all the gear behind @ camp, and it would still do the very same, just got up on step faster, that’s all. It’s not a fast boat, just an efficient hull. Absolutely pinned would only produce 37 mph, plenty fast enough on water. That 90 hp 2 stroke is one of the best motor’s that Yamaha used to put out. Relatively powerful for it’s size, extremely reliable, and cheap to run. Never ever had a lick of problem with it, and never thought that I was undergunned with it.

Last edited:
Not mine but complete engine, gauge, controls, under warranty... wish I had the cash and didn't mind breaking the max hp recommendation on my boat.
2019 YAMAHA 250hp
$26,500
Inflation really this bad?

We got our 2021 300hp with mechanical controls for $25k and 6 year warranty.

Man you are doing well. Where and when did you order it? Recent quote plus 5k for controls and prop.
I was just quoted $40k plus taxes in Victoria for a new 300 Yamaha. That did include everything (install, controls, sea star steering) and they are out of stock. New pricing for 2022 models yet to be issued. I’m still looking for something in the 300 range..

When did selling a boat with an engine that doesn’t run become a thing? Here is a premium priced lifetimer, and I have seen a Bayliner and Whaler premium priced as well this week with engines that don’t run. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/574083173627289/
pretty sure this was listed a while back with no trailer.
Looks like buddy couldnt get it to run, threw it under a tandem (WTF?) trailer and is trying to flip it...

Back