BOATERS CERTIF.

JDR

HEY IT'S 2008 AND 2009 IS COMING has anyone got there power boat cert. card.I thought we could all help out one and another with this. I know we all no how to handle our boats but what is the " correct way"what is on the test, I know common sense is the main thing but that won't pass you. Maybe those that are qualified can give the rest of us a hint???

Make sure to study the bouys.... they are the most difficult. The rest is pretty much common sense and right of way.
86% with out even looking at the study guide.... got bored and did it online

Ya I wrote it outside our local Home Hardware on a long weekend without even looking at the guide and got around 85% as well. Mostly just common sense. The thing that puzzled me was that they never showed me what questions i got wrong and what the correct answers would be. They should really do that.

You really should invest in a boating course like Power Squadron. I have boated since my early teens and took my first boating test in 1972. I retook the Power Squadron course in 2002 and was surprised at how much I take for granted. Since then I have taken Advanced Piloting and now teach charting and piloting. I look at a my PCOC as a beginners education to boating. There is always something you can learn or pass on to others.

Back