Boat Shipping

Thanks Seawolf, I sent an email back but my work computer won't send emails out through my home network. When I turn it on at work in the morning it should go through. It receives them, but won't send them. I did see both of those boats, thought the hours were a bit high, especially on the 542 (497 on a 2005?).

SerengetiGuide. Got a name or contact that might be of use for me?

That would be 125 Hours per year. From what I have heard the average guy will put on 100 per, so pretty normal use. They are barely broke in at 100 hours. They should be able to give you a computer readout of how long it ran at what RPM's. I would guess the 150 did not have to work too hard to cruise that boat comfortably ~4000 RPM's at cruise. The F150 is a pretty solid motor and max power for that boat.

Has anyone used All Coasts Transport company for moving their boat?

Their quote seems reasonable and they would move the boat on a open carrier, which would save the boat trailer.

If you have had any experience with this company I would like to get your feedback.

Hi

I bought my 542 a year ago in Everett. With the dollar climbing again, I'd be looking south if I were you.

I posted some search tips after I bought mine, which you can find with "search" (in a "Buying in USA" thread I think).

The best one though is to enter following in google:
site:craigslist.org (campion 542)

This will search all craiglist sites for "Campion 542"

The Trophy 1802 is a very similar boat too, and there's lots of them out there.

Any questions or advice wanted, PM me or post here.

http://fishingportrenfrew.ca
http://fishingsooke.ca

Sale pending payment on that one but thanks. Said he'd call if it doesn't sell. If anyone is an ifish member check out the photos of the boat and tell me if it looks warped along the side. Maybe it's just the rubber, but it doesn't look right.

Brakes held up about as well as the brakes on my galvanized trailer...not worth a ****. I think drum brakes dumped in salt water over and over is a bad idea.

I looked at Malibu 182's before purchasing my current boat...not sure how tall you are or if you are interested in using the cuddy, but the bed is very short.

Neither the 182 or the 542 have an overly large cuddy. I am 6'3 and cannot fully stretch out in eigher. The 182's cuddy feels a bit bigger as there is no walkaround or integrated anchor storage like the 542. That said, most of the cuddy use will likely be the kids and the wife getting out of the weather or me and a buddy sleeping (cramped, but likely doable if we want to save money on hotels)or storage. I like the deck set up and the seating configuration (especially on the new ones with the optional backrests for the jump seats) much better on the 542 but for similarly powered and equipped boat, they tend to be more money.

The merry go round continues and yes, I am a little more than dizzy.

BTW - anybody have any experience with the E-tech 150? I have talked to a couple of dealers and done some research on the internet and aside from the odd bad experience haven't come up with any significant issues with the motor.

Well after a few weeks of hard shopping and a few days of hard negotiating, I bought the boat in Trenton. I got lucky and found a reputable boat shipping company that wanted to fill in a load (they had a large boat coming up from the New York and had room for this one). Worked out about the best that it could as they have all of the cradles to ship without the trailer and it was cheaper to have it shipped without the trailer. Total for shipping was $1800 canadian ($700 under the best bid I had on uship.com. Gonna end up saving thousands and getting more boat than I was hoping for when I started looking. She gets picked up tomorrow and I'll have her early next week.

Thanks again for all of your advice and input. If anyone needs a boat shipped, let me know and I will get you the guy's info.

Paul

e-mail sent.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

><///(°> ><///(°>

Got the boat today. Right on time, no hassels. All in all a good experience. wouldn't hesitate to recommend these guys so if you want contact info let me know.
cheers all.

Back