Boat Seats

jimbob

Where is the best place to buy pedestal mounts and swivel boat seats? Not looking for anything fancy just some sturdy seats.

A note on the walmart seats - buy the thinner padded one with the plastic surround not the one with the thicker plushier looking seats. We got four years out of the cheaper plastic looking ones and the plushier ones we installed this year are headed to the garbage pile next spring. The foam crushed down to nothing after one season.... and the stiching was wide enough that it let water into the foam so you got a wet butt even if you dried the vynil off if you got the seat wet.... and they weren't that cheap so one season was not worth the price....

If you're not in a rush, have a look at www.cabelas.com. Very good selection/prices and with the dollar the way it is you can probably get some pretty good deals.

Take a look at Overton's. I bought my pedestal seats a couple years back and they had by far the best price I could find at that time.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/catalog.cgi?r=browse&aID=11&cID=VFS150

quote:Originally posted by jimbob

Where is the best place to buy pedestal mounts and swivel boat seats? Not looking for anything fancy just some sturdy seats.

Try the Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.

Back