Boat insurance cost

I had Premier a couple of years ago. The last two years my agent put me into somthing thru Sports -Can Insurance Consultants. Ran me $454.00 taxes in but the trailer is through ICBC. Not sure if I'm with the right plan or not now.

Premier will never see another penny of mine...............ever!
Worst insurance company I ever had to deal with for anything.
It was 15 years ago but hearing their name still makes me boil.
J-global (and anyone else that uses them) I hope you never need to deal with them.

Uh Oh.
Hope I never have a claim, but then hope I never have a claim for anything I insure. really not looking forward to the claim on my life insurance.

Oh *****. I got premier insurance too. That sucks butt after hearing these comments. Hope nothing goes wrong and I will switch next year.

Uh Oh.
Hope I never have a claim, but then hope I never have a claim for anything I insure. really not looking forward to the claim on my life insurance.

Sorry, JG, but you're not the one who's going to have to worry about a claim on your life insurance...

I went with Christie Phoenix in Victoria last year, they were about $150 bucks cheaper then Beacon and they cover you farther off-shore. Most policies only cover you up to 5 miles off shore. CP policy is good up to 25 miles offshore so it is good when fishing the banks. Very happy with their service.

Oh frig I just checked mine and I have Premier Marine as well. It is up in April and based on info here I will be making a change.

Remember to purchase declared value insurance, you don't want to deal depreciation value you will get screwed by the underwriters. I went with lloyds of London through dolphin. Paid about $550 , well worth buying proper insurance its there when you need it without all the bull.

Thanks for all the input guys. We ended up going through Dolphin as their customer service was superb compared to Beacon. $463 in the end.
I know own 1/2 of a 87 Montauk with a 06 Evinrude Etec 2stroke......can't wait to get her bloody.

Back