Boat heaters. Which one did you use?

Some Recommended parts upgrades. Guess I’ll be the guinea pig …will report if order shows up

C$ 12.04 50% Off | Stainless Steel 316 Thru Hull Exhaust Skin Fitting Tube Pipe Socket Hardware Part of Air Diesel Heater For Boat Marine Car Truck

C$ 14.62 25% Off | 100cm 24mm Dual-layer Car Heater Exhaust Pipe Stainless Steel For Webasto Eberspacher Air Diesel Heater Exhaust Hose Tube Line

C$ 3.95 9% Off | Fuel Tank Stand Heater Pipe Fuel Extraction Special Fuel Oil Absorber for Diesel Fuel Heater

C$ 3.21 60% Off | 5cm*5M Exhaust Heat Wrap Thermal Tape Fiberglass Heat Wrap Manifold Insulation Roll Resistant with Stainless Ties

C$ 12.04 20% Off | 4x 42mm Car Heater Duct Air Vent Outlet Diesel Parking Heater Ducting Pipe Exhaust Connector For Webasto Eberspacher

Last edited:
Some Recommended parts upgrades. Guess I’ll be the guinea pig …will report if order shows up

C$ 12.04 50% Off | Stainless Steel 316 Thru Hull Exhaust Skin Fitting Tube Pipe Socket Hardware Part of Air Diesel Heater For Boat Marine Car Truck

C$ 14.62 25% Off | 100cm 24mm Dual-layer Car Heater Exhaust Pipe Stainless Steel For Webasto Eberspacher Air Diesel Heater Exhaust Hose Tube Line

C$ 3.95 9% Off | Fuel Tank Stand Heater Pipe Fuel Extraction Special Fuel Oil Absorber for Diesel Fuel Heater

C$ 3.21 60% Off | 5cm*5M Exhaust Heat Wrap Thermal Tape Fiberglass Heat Wrap Manifold Insulation Roll Resistant with Stainless Ties

C$ 12.04 20% Off | 4x 42mm Car Heater Duct Air Vent Outlet Diesel Parking Heater Ducting Pipe Exhaust Connector For Webasto Eberspacher

You can get most of those parts on Amazon without the weeks/months long wait you get with AliExpress (Christmas notwithstanding). Prices are about double though.

You can get most of those parts on Amazon without the weeks/months long wait you get with AliExpress (Christmas notwithstanding). Prices are about double though.
I would say triple the price. But ya Some of those diesel heater parts on Amazon are drop shipped from Ally express, Same amount of time for shipping you’re just paying a middleman. Here’s what they do set up a store on Amazon mark the price up three times send your orders direct to Ally express with your shipping information.
Boom they triple their profit near zero overhead . They never see or touch the product. Some say if it’s that easy everyone would be doing it fact of the matter is they are. It’s Nothing new

Last edited:
I would say triple the price. But ya Some of those diesel heater parts on Amazon are drop shipped from Ally express, Same amount of time for shipping you’re just paying a middleman. Here’s what they do set up a store on Amazon mark the price up three times send your orders direct to Ally express with your shipping information.
Boom they triple their profit near zero overhead . They never see or touch the product. Some say if it’s that easy everyone would be doing it fact of the matter is they are. It’s Nothing new

True, I'm talking stuff that's sold and/or fulfilled by Amazon and arrives within a day or two. Definitely pay for the convenience though.

Making money while doing nothing, smarter than the rest of us.

Forget those guys - ripped me off twice and absolutely no recourse! Amazon, Vevor or distant 3rd, E-bay.

True, I'm talking stuff that's sold and/or fulfilled by Amazon and arrives within a day or two. Definitely pay for the convenience though.
Not just for convenience but an unbeatable business model. I have never been disappointed with Amazon in literally hundreds of transactions. Quick delivery, generally vetted, quality products and an unbeatable return policy. I think it's added value to have Amazon in the middle. Questionable products get dropped in a heart-beat. My occasional complaints are often met with "Sorry for the inconvenience. Please keep the product at no cost." That includes a diesel heater last year.

Just make sure you get a 45 degree exhaust fitting. Also make sure you don't put that fitting against a fiberglass hull without Insulating it. You need a thick washer made of fibrous material.

Just make sure you get a 45 degree exhaust fitting. Also make sure you don't put that fitting against a fiberglass hull without Insulating it. You need a thick washer made of fibrous material.
Good advice on the 45 degree fitting (so it drains).
I bought a Webasto which is a coaxial design so the outside, against fiberglass, remains cool. Same with the exhaust tube - coaxial and the outside is cool.

Good advice on the 45 degree fitting (so it drains).
I bought a Webasto which is a coaxial design so the outside, against fiberglass, remains cool. Same with the exhaust tube - coaxial and the outside is cool.

They do get hot even though they have the inner air space. The knock off fittings either don't come with the washers or come with a silicon rubber one. The webasto and the Esparza stuff used to come with a thick fibrous washer that worked well against the glass. Could probky make one from thick gasket material.

Order came in when advertised everything looks good..as far as I can figure I saved about 67% over Amazon and it’s the exact same stuff

I use one of these, but I don’t think Coleman makes this particular type anymore, which is a shame because it is excellent and can be used for all kinds of outdoor activities.
1640926248604.jpeg

I like the Mister Buddy as well. London Drugs had them on sale a few times for like $79
Yup got one myself, made a base for it and took out the tilt mechanism. My base made pretty much impossible to fall over and I've had it out on 3 footers , anything more and shes shut off. DO NOT recommend to anyone else to take out the tilt mechanism that's just for me.

Good timing on your recommendation , I just decided to get one of these two days ago and Canadian Tire has them for $149. My plan is to make a base that will keep it in place during travel and lumpy weather, that can be secured with a couple screws and removed if necessary. Cheers
Was just in Cabela's and they are on sale for $119

Back