Boat Heater?

Hey Black Dog,

I'm assuming that the entire outside of that heater get's really hot? Without a nice flat rock to sit it on how do you run it inside the cabin?

Still trying to figure out which way to go for heat this winter....

quote:Originally posted by SIR

Hey Black Dog,

I'm assuming that the entire outside of that heater get's really hot? Without a nice flat rock to sit it on how do you run it inside the cabin?

Still trying to figure out which way to go for heat this winter....

Try Webesto, I have the smallest one they make, they are great. A 3 gallon kicker tank of diesel lasts weeks, there is no lighting or anything, you just turn the knob on the thermostat and go. If you get the self install kit, comes with ducts, thermostat and everything. A no brainer to put in, you can get 'em for $1800, or with our dollar, at lot less below the line. Plus, with diesel, there is not TC issues unlike propane.

Sir,
Just the top portion gets hot, the bottom and lower sides are cool to the touch. I set it on anti slide matting. I have never been out in rough seas while operating the heater but in normal cruising conditions I have no problems with it moving around or falling over. I paid $25 (US dollars + shipping) for the heater off eBay a couple years ago and I'm very pleased with it.

Back