Blood Mercury Test Survey

adrianna3

Just got a letter in the mail from UBC. It says that BC MOE is conducting a research study investigating the relationship between fish consumption and blod mercury levels among recreational anglers in BC.

Anyone else get a similar request?

Hello, Adrianna3.

I got the letter and participated. Last week the results came in the mail along with an Island Outfitters gift card.

Anyone into sharing what their blood mercury levels were? I can't think of any problems with doing so...
I am curious as to how everyone else made out; especially since SFBC members constituted a large part of the contact database.

Smiley.

Yes, I got mine back as well. The result said that 95% of the general population has a blood mercury level of 4.7 u grams per Liter or less. Mine came in at .86 u grams per Liter. Much, much lower than the average population. I was quite surprised since I do have mercury/amalgum fillings in my teeth, pour lead as a hobby, and have worked in a pulp mill for 15 years of adult life. (Not sure if lead would affect the results).

What did yours come out at Smiley?

Hello.

My Hg was 1.59ug/L, which was a nice surprise since now I can justify eating more predators from the sea LOL

Anyone else willing to share results?

Smiley.

Back