Black Box

From what I remember, I think a reading in .600s and .700s is fine, that's normal. Much higher or lower, and you have other problems, and they go beyond fishing!

When setting up my BB, my natural voltage readings were around .400. Reading the book, it listed out a bunch of possibilities, but most likely was dirty zincs, so not doing their job any more. In searching it out, found out a more significant issue -- my new to me motor didn't have any zincs at all. Added one, and voltage was in normal range.

The other biggie I understand is power leakage from things like bilge pumps, transducers, ungrounded manual start kicker motors, anything electrical in contact with water or boat bottom. As someone said earlier, if your readings are "hot", then you start with everything off and turn things on one at a time to isolate which one is a problem, then ground it once you know.

I WASN'T CATCHING ANY FISH THE OTHER DAY SO I CRANKED UP THE BLACK BOX ALL THE WAY AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE. FISH WERE ALL FLOATING ON THE SURFACE AND I COULD SCOOP THEM UP WITH A NET

Howdy Bananas welcome to the Forum!. Any chance you could share some tips on bonding a boat? I recently upgraded from the old Fah Cups to a 21 foot Glasply with a I/O. Its a well kept boat, I cleaned up some of the wiring and the netural numbers are .720. Zincs are bonded as well is kicker, but I know I will have to do a little more tinkering to keep up with you renny highliners LoL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Fah Cups

Back