Best tide to fish

Talons

I have heard mixed opinions about the best time and tide to fish. I just love being on the water, salt or fresh, as long as I am fishing, I am happy. There is a lot of experience in this forum and I would like your advice.

Thanks

Talons

In the saltwater most people will probably tell you best times:

first hour of light, and also last light.
one hour before tide change through one hour after tide change.

Most people prefer to fish the incoming tide. However, the best tide to fish varies with the location. One side of points and passes usually produce better on either an incoming or outgoing tide. The prime time to fish would be a tide change coinciding with first light.

In the saltwater most people will probably tell you best times:

first hour of light, and also last light.
one hour before tide change through one hour after tide change.

Most people prefer to fish the incoming tide. However, the best tide to fish varies with the location. One side of points and passes usually produce better on either an incoming or outgoing tide. The prime time to fish would be a tide change coinciding with first light.

Best tides for Chum......first part of a rapid flood ...and if it occurs at first light, you can bet you're going to be busy.

Best tides for Chum......first part of a rapid flood ...and if it occurs at first light, you can bet you're going to be busy.

Back