Best place to rent a truck to tow a 3000lb boat/trailer?

Angelina_Summer

I was wondering where those of you with boats in the water and no vehicle to tow it when you need to, have rented a truck before with 5000+ towing capacity. I'd like to pull my boat out of the water within the next week to clean it out (convert it from a fishing boat to a family boat...don't worry, it's just for one weekend). Trendsetter has helped me take the boat out of the water the few times it needed it, but I have the need to take it out on occasion that won't include a fishing trip.

If anyone knows of THE rental company to rent a truck from (unlimited kms?) I'd appreciate the lead. Looking to tow it from Richmond to New West and back to Richmond in one day.

Thanks!

Where are you roughly? Maybe a member can help out!!

I've rented from national before in the past but couldn't say what the price or KMs on the deal were.

The only place I know of that rents pickup trucks like that is U-Haul. $19.95 per day plus .49 per KM. You actually only need a truck with #3500 towing capacity for your boat and trailer. But it's easier to tow with a 1/2 ton truck.

Have rented from Budget on several occassions - they have great towing rigs.

Back