Best Fish & Chip places in Victoria,Sooke area.

I'm totally curious.:D C'mon boys and girls, other then your own, is there a place, for good Fish n Chips in Victoria? ;) eman

My place
emo-coffee.gif

IMG_0696.jpg

Seriously..... for the quality of fish bought/served..... Barbs.... Maybe the one bananas was referring to

Yep, Barb's Fish "n" Chips at Fisherman's Wharf get's my nod. I haven't heard of The Local that Bananas mentioned. Must be fairly new? There's a good little place in Estevan Village (Oak Bay) too. I forget the name.

In Sooke..The Edge has Squid & Chips..excellent!!! The owner was the previous executive chef at the Sooke Harbour House for 16 years.

I dont mind the fish and chips at the mychosen cafe. But the fresh caught today hali im frying right now is a heckuva lots better then that!

-Steve

In Sooke..The Edge has Squid & Chips..excellent!!! The owner was the previous executive chef at the Sooke Harbour House for 16 years.

Quality food and you always try something new...
I hate that the menu frequently changes and is small.
Since you brought Sooke up... Mulligans... Qualty F&C all the time... but it just went up to 18 bucks or something. Wicked menu/food other than that.
emo-coffee.gif

Oh an FFG phone call incoming.... do tell

Fairfield fish n chips 1275 fairfield road 250-380-6880 Great food & Owners!

The place in Estevan is called The Galley, and it's decent with a good classic feel. The best in Victoria is, by far, Red Fish Blue Fish. This is coming from a person who will die of a fish and chip overdose one day. A guy who's wife has asked, with tears in her eyes, that I don't get fish and chips again for dinner. I am a serious fan. Another really good option is the Penny Farthing in Fairfield -but it's a pub. They do have two for one fish and chips once a week though, so you can have double!

As for Barbs, I have watched it decline over the years. As a commercial fisherman I was based out of that warf, and I must say, Barb's isn't great. For example, they use frozen fries rather than making their own. As a matter of fact, my missus worked there for a long stretch, so I know from the inside that the quality is variable.

Go to Red Fish Blue Fish, it is really good. And always local caught fish. Their slaw is a little weird, but everything else is fantastic!

Princess Mary Restaurant at West Bay Marina in Esquimalt. Great quality, and, great display of mounted Tyees.

Back