Best 9’ rod for Islander tr3

I have a couple rods, on a typical day I'll fish my 11ft sage, if I'm going deeper I use my 9 ft st Croix. The 9 foot pops off the clip with ease even at 200ft. The 9 ft is easier to net with. The long rod is way more forgiving with erratic action close to the boat. The longer rod is a bigger shock absorber. I always have both with me. I also like stacking better with a 9 off the back and 11 off the side. However I think the nine footer should be a decent quality rod. I have a couple cheaper 9 footers and the action isn't great.

A quick tip. I don't like the carbon feeling in my hands or against my rod holder. I ordered from the stiletto hammer company a soft hammer grip. It goes on so tight I will never come off. No glue, it essentially srinks on. It's extremely durable. I've had one on my hammer handle for ten years.

Check out the 9ft luhr Jensen boat rods. They are a full glass rod. The back handle is a nice rubber while infront of the reel is cork. I have 2 and a few buddies have also picked some up as well after using them on my boat. Landed lots of fish on them. @BCROB can attest.

I may have 3 of the original titan for sale soon
Ran out of replacements and now my fourth rod is wouldn’t match so I got a set of the reef 10’6
Pm me if interested

I really like my g loomis rods. But you can’t really beat a shimano technium. They are bulletproof. I’d personally like to give the rite angle rods a try as well as the lamiglas rods. With a nice reel like that pair her onto a decent rod.

Back