Berkley Big Game vs Maxima Ultragreen Opinions

Does anyone else use Sufix of any kind? I was using it for leader in the rivers and landing 10-16 pound fish on 6 pound leader. Knots never let go it was great. Wondering about the heavier tests for salmon main and leaders.

-KK
Yep. I use Suffix Siege 14 lb. on my Record Ambassaduer baitcaster for steel and love it.Great abrasion resistance and very little memory.I''ve never tried the higher test though,but I'm sure they'd work just as well. At $11.00 for 300 yds.
it's also reasonable.

I have been running 20# Ultra Green as main line for probably 15 years now but just this season I spooled my 2 new Rapala North Coasts with 20# Big Game, we will see in about 2 weeks what I think. For myself change is a hard thing, I find something I like and that works and I don't like to change. So I went out on a limb just because I couldn't get my hands on any UG out here, so we will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
25 Maxima Ultra green for my main and 40 Big Game for leaders. I haven't bust off a fish this year yet....and most customers are not as experienced as those on this site.

Back