Before we start

Ive never in depth looked into how sewage it treated. I thought it wasnt straight up 'raw', its filtered and broken down or something? What would the new 'treatment' be? a bunch of chemicals that are mixed it to it first and then just ends up out there or in a landfill anyway?

Lots of Europe still pumps right out into the canals that everyone travels on.

I think a Asian country passed last year that they are now aloud to use pig **** as prawn food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive never in depth looked into how sewage it treated. I thought it wasnt straight up 'raw', its filtered and broken down or something? What would the new 'treatment' be? a bunch of chemicals that are mixed it to it first and then just ends up out there or in a landfill anyway?

Lots of Europe still pumps right out into the canals that everyone travels on.

I think a Asian country passed last year that they are now aloud to use pig **** as prawn food.

Victoria just screens waste to remove objects larger than 6mm. Your cleaning products etc used in sinks, baths and toilets just head out to sea. Many countries in Europe have been leading the way with sewage technology. One Swedish city even powers their municipal transit with fuel created from sewage. The typical treatment is posted below. It does create an amount of waste at the end of it all.

The first step is called primary treatment and is involves tailing ponds to remove the majority suspended particles and biological oxygen demand. This is followed by a secondary treatment that uses natural micro organisms to further remove the suspended particles and oxygen demand by approximately 90 percent. The final step known as tertiary treatment is designed to deal with the remaining harmful substances in the wastewater through chemical and biological treatment.

Back