Becher Bay

Poppa swiss want to go out fishing friday morning?? I will supply the gas and snacks if you help me out with trolling knowledge. Either way I am going out to try would be nice to get some local knowledge.

RS

no I'm not a guide, just a wannabe [V]

The one thing that has paid off this year is if the fish aren't biting close in to structure is to change strategy.

What I've been doing is putting a 4 rod spread down and doing long(like 3-5mile long!) tacts out near the first or second tide line and just covering water.

I think is where many guys went wrong, they did the same old loop up and down otter point and so did I, but as soon as we switched strategy, we got that nice 25#.

Poppa swiss or others with "luck"

you guys using anchovies? If so how fast is the average speed and does a person want a tight fast spiral or slow wide and what is a good depth to try this time of year. I am used to fishing winter harbour where it does not matter as much and everything is usually shallow

thanks RS

you guys using anchovies? If so how fast is the average speed and does a person want a tight fast spiral or slow wide and what is a good depth to try this time of year. I am used to fishing winter harbour where it does not matter as much and everything is usually shallow

thanks RS

Out today by myself and lovin it. Hit a 32,5 iber off the island. Released one around 8 ibs. Hit the mother of all fish just off Beachy Head fought for around thirty odd minutes got fish within less than twenty feet of boat, got a good look at em would go easy mid forties. Up pops mr F*#@*in seal and wham one trophy spring goes to seal. Oh well so they say.
Cheers Fah-Cups

Out today by myself and lovin it. Hit a 32,5 iber off the island. Released one around 8 ibs. Hit the mother of all fish just off Beachy Head fought for around thirty odd minutes got fish within less than twenty feet of boat, got a good look at em would go easy mid forties. Up pops mr F*#@*in seal and wham one trophy spring goes to seal. Oh well so they say.
Cheers Fah-Cups

quote:Originally posted by Ringostar

thanks RS

Yes. Average, both roles work @ certain times, 20'-120'.

Bottom Line............no ****ing fish!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by Ringostar

thanks RS

Yes. Average, both roles work @ certain times, 20'-120'.

Bottom Line............no ****ing fish!!!!!

Back