Becher Bay

W

waddy

Anyone been fishing there lately near the trap shack or beechey head? Heading over this saturday and am really anxious to hear how its been or if it will pick up.

thanks, Waddy

Fishing Good? Poppa Swiss you call 103 springs for over 1200 rod days in the derby on the weekend good? you have some easy standards

Fishing Good? Poppa Swiss you call 103 springs for over 1200 rod days in the derby on the weekend good? you have some easy standards

ya, but only 300 of those rod days could get on the water due to wind, lol. From what I heard, if you didn't get out on Saturday morning or have a boat at least 23 ft long you weren't getting out, safely anyways.:D

But of course, this is al just rumour, as I was fishing in a windless location all weekend.[8D]

ya, but only 300 of those rod days could get on the water due to wind, lol. From what I heard, if you didn't get out on Saturday morning or have a boat at least 23 ft long you weren't getting out, safely anyways.:D

But of course, this is al just rumour, as I was fishing in a windless location all weekend.[8D]

All the top rods hit the trap hard during the derby, I saw 3 fish hit the whole weekend and all were taken by seals. Will i fish the trap any time soon? I don't thinks so[xx(] Soon guys will be waving guns around shooting stray bullets around at seals.

It was not bad for weather, lots of small boats out on Sunday from Otter to Church.

All the top rods hit the trap hard during the derby, I saw 3 fish hit the whole weekend and all were taken by seals. Will i fish the trap any time soon? I don't thinks so[xx(] Soon guys will be waving guns around shooting stray bullets around at seals.

It was not bad for weather, lots of small boats out on Sunday from Otter to Church.

Sorry what I should have said, is I've been doing good - ya the derby was slow, but I got a 25# on sat. near otter and a 22# the afternoon before off the trap. We also got 3 springs and 70lb hali the trip before.

So yes, by my standards fishing has been good - I've only been skunked 1 trip in '07 - but I guess my standards are low [B)]

Here's a tip, not a single fish I've caught has been near any other boats - the fish are NOT sitting under the pack of boats.

The pic below is about noon on saturday - no boats around;):
IMG_2241.jpg

Sorry what I should have said, is I've been doing good - ya the derby was slow, but I got a 25# on sat. near otter and a 22# the afternoon before off the trap. We also got 3 springs and 70lb hali the trip before.

So yes, by my standards fishing has been good - I've only been skunked 1 trip in '07 - but I guess my standards are low [B)]

Here's a tip, not a single fish I've caught has been near any other boats - the fish are NOT sitting under the pack of boats.

The pic below is about noon on saturday - no boats around;):
IMG_2241.jpg

Nice job Poppa. Prooves the old adage about the 80/20 rule. 20% of the fishermen catch 805 of the fish. Last year sucked for me but that is another story. We did well at the JDF. Managed 4 springs on Sat biggest one being 25lbs and the smallest around 3 lbs. Nothing on Sunday but wind burn.

Nice job Poppa. Prooves the old adage about the 80/20 rule. 20% of the fishermen catch 805 of the fish. Last year sucked for me but that is another story. We did well at the JDF. Managed 4 springs on Sat biggest one being 25lbs and the smallest around 3 lbs. Nothing on Sunday but wind burn.

Ya this has been a good year, I've started to trust my instincts a lot more and not always follow the boats and chase the hot spots on the fishing report. 4 springs on sat. is great, nothing like walking up the dock with fish when most people got skunked.

Ya this has been a good year, I've started to trust my instincts a lot more and not always follow the boats and chase the hot spots on the fishing report. 4 springs on sat. is great, nothing like walking up the dock with fish when most people got skunked.

Poppa swiss want to go out fishing friday morning?? I will supply the gas and snacks if you help me out with trolling knowledge. Either way I am going out to try would be nice to get some local knowledge.

RS

Back