BC trades away outdoor recreation rights to continue industrial encroachment in the Peace region

I just now received some very grim news.
The folks that I had been working with on this file have decided not to pursue the matter legally.
They cited several reasons, the foremost being they believe the case is not winnable.

I am beyond frustrated at this point.

If anyone has any other options or ideas I would be all ears.
More than willing to throw what I can in terms of time & energy towards getting this BS overturned.

Really REALLY Bummed Out!
icon_cry.gif

Nog

Last edited:
Sometimes its not about winning but litigating far enough that you are able to ascertain all the facts and decision making that took place. Tho it's understandable that no one wants to bear those costs.

" province's decision is a substantial overstep that could put guide outfitters out of business. "

One has to wonder what's going on in the Horgan governments closed door meetings, I'm not aware of the revenue for hunting is to the province, i imagine its not unsubstantial, they obviously haven't cared about the loss of revenue to fishing guides in the straight either.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...sedgntp&cvid=de8945ed0ff64474a50e96e29efd4ce6

Yet you interpret that to mean she, and her band, were in support of these impositions?

Seems like it?

"We have to be able to manage our territories better, especially when it comes to hunting," said Blueberry River First Nations Chief Judy Desjarlais. "There [are] a lot of people who hunt for their livelihood and we respect that, but based on the treaty, we haven't been able to practice our own way of life."

It would appear that speaking with forked tongues is not limited to Whitey...

yeah I wish I was not so jaded but the countless stories from Thoes who have tried to negotiate with First Nations, only to have them say the complete opposite to our government is numerous.

Politics not science driving moose hunt changes​

B.C.’s hunting and wildlife community says politics, not science, is driving the province’s changes to caribou and moose hunting regulations in the Peace Region.

The government announced last week it was scrapping open season on moose hunting in the Peace – traditionally from Aug. 15 to Oct. 31 – and implementing limited entry hunting rules that would include full closures in August and early October. Caribou hunts in the region were closed entirely.

But wildlife stewardship and habitat conservation aren’t the government’s primary consideration, said Jesse Zeman, executive director of the BC Wildlife Federation.

Politics not science driving moose hunt changes​

B.C.’s hunting and wildlife community says politics, not science, is driving the province’s changes to caribou and moose hunting regulations in the Peace Region.

The government announced last week it was scrapping open season on moose hunting in the Peace – traditionally from Aug. 15 to Oct. 31 – and implementing limited entry hunting rules that would include full closures in August and early October. Caribou hunts in the region were closed entirely.

But wildlife stewardship and habitat conservation aren’t the government’s primary consideration, said Jesse Zeman, executive director of the BC Wildlife Federation.

masculinity is hard to control, the progressives know this, which is why they attack it at ever opportunity, a feminized male population is much easier to control, this is the root reason for the attacks on oil, hunting, fishing, guns or anything traditionally male.

First Nations weigh in on new Northeast hunting regulations​

It undermines the new path forward that we were promised, say chiefs

"The regulations create disproportionate impacts among Treaty 8 Nations and for local residents."

"Doig River First Nation, Halfway River First Nation, Prophet River First Nation and West Moberly First Nations," the statement went on to say, "all have grave concerns about these regulations."

“The recent amendments to the hunting regulations do not represent what we had hoped to achieve when we entered into these discussions with the Province," said Doig River chief Trevor Makadahay.

"Right from the start we presented options to the Province for limiting impacts on local hunters. They were all rejected."

"The regulatory changes are a unilateral action of the Minister of Forests," added Prophet River chief Valerie Askoty, "that do not reflect the proposals advanced by Treaty 8 First Nations."

Smoke and mirrors as the FN already know that the government cannot directly give the locals more opportunity, yet they act like they are the one that are pushing for it. Just ask what Chief Roland Wilson got when these restrictions came out..... immediately he and his band (West Moberly) dropped the court challenge against Site C. Prophet River was one for the three bands who pushed for this, along with West Moberly and Saulteaux...

What a cluster this government has created...

Nog

Back