BC Pipeline Ruling In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypocrite is spending your carrier in the oil patch, retiring off it & then now that you have nothing to lose;,,, you oppose it.

Also not fair. Anyone can have criticisms of their current or former industry. I have many criticisms of my own profession.

[

Hmmm....criticizing with a very flawed rebuttal.

Yes you can criticize healthcare AND see a doctor as it may be a matter of life or death...but you still see a flaw in the system. Hating on a pipeline whilst driving a vehicle around....fishing off a boat for pleasure...utilizing tones of petroleum products....but don’t bring a product to market that affords me luxuries in my life more efficiently?????

It’s like protesting against prostitution but you’re still banging a hooker instead of your wife whom you are “committed” to. :confused::rolleyes:
You got this part right
"Yes you can criticize healthcare AND see a doctor as it may be a matter of life or death...but you still see a flaw in the system."
now just switch the words to see if it still makes sense.
Yes you can criticize Dilbit pipelines AND still use gasoline as it maybe a matter of life or death... but you still see a flaw in the system.

The point I'm trying to make is that the original argument is not correct.
You can belong to society and still criticize it and you don't have to be a hermit to do so.

Hypocrite is spending your carrier in the oil patch, retiring off it & then now that you have nothing to lose;,,, you oppose it.
Oh a personal attack and one wonders why some don't get the respect that they think they deserve. FYI I spent the first third of my career in the oil patch at Core Labs and other related companies. The rest was in the IT field and management across Canada. So you see I have a well rounded background and can bring some insight to the issues.

true about the bakken oil and explosion risks related to transporting that as opposed to tarsands products. however, if you think that there is no chance of a train snaking down the fraser canyon would not rupture and leak into the fraser you are nuts or sadly misinformed. this risk alone is enough to warrant twinning the pipeline. look what happened to the chekamus river when 1 caustic car (granted it wasn't oil) leaked after an accident. I live right on the maplewood mudflats and have watched these tankers come and go for over 30 years and I am very hard pressed to see a problem with more tankers. I am retired and did charters out of sewell's for years and fish locally on a regular basis, I get my crab right in front of my house across from the refinery. I don't think there is anyone on here that would be more affected by a spill than I would. In a perfect world there would be no need for this pipeline, we are a ways away from that world. I am 110% for this pipeline and so are a lot of my neighbors. Svend Robinson (he is running for the ndp in our riding next federal election) came knocking on our door campaigning a couple of weeks ago, first thing he said was we will fight to stop that pipeline, I said you have **** for brains and so does your party, now get the fack off of my property you thieving sob.
Don't know why you need to resort to name calling to support your position (i'm not nuts). How do you know that a Pipeline won't rupture and leak into the Fraser? Pipelines rupture quite frequently every year.This Pipeline is a white elephant that if ever built will only increase the price we pay at the pump to pay for it and none of it is for our domestic requirements. Svend Robinson made a mistake and suffered for it but was a very effective MP.

a pipeline would be shut down to limit leakage pretty darned quickly with all the sensors etc. that will be a part of it, maybe you can explain how you are going to shut down a leaking or split open railcar sitting at the bottom of the fraser ????? pretty sensitive if you think that was name calling , I said I thought you were nuts or misinformed, obviously you are misinformed. this pipeline will help insure that our oil is never discounted $50/barrel and to help ensure our govt will pocket a lot more money (billions of dollars) by receiving closer to world market pricing for our oil. this is more money for healthcare education towards switching to renewables etc so we won't need more pipelines 20 or 30 yrs down the road, hopefully sooner, but now we need them. you must be an american wanting to continue pillaging our resources.

a pipeline would be shut down to limit leakage pretty darned quickly with all the sensors etc. that will be a part of it, maybe you can explain how you are going to shut down a leaking or split open railcar sitting at the bottom of the fraser ????? pretty sensitive if you think that was name calling , I said I thought you were nuts or misinformed, obviously you are misinformed. this pipeline will help insure that our oil is never discounted $50/barrel and to help ensure our govt will pocket a lot more money (billions of dollars) by receiving closer to world market pricing for our oil. this is more money for healthcare education towards switching to renewables etc so we won't need more pipelines 20 or 30 yrs down the road, hopefully sooner, but now we need them. you must be an american wanting to continue pillaging our resources.
Help ensure that our oil is never discounted is called Refining and the Government and Big Oil does not seem to care about that. Quick wins and quick bucks thats it.

Help ensure that our oil is never discounted is called Refining and the Government and Big Oil does not seem to care about that. Quick wins and quick bucks thats it.

Do you really think it’s that simple and no one in industry has thought of it? Do you think you’re the only one to have the thought?

Don't know why you need to resort to name calling to support your position (i'm not nuts). How do you know that a Pipeline won't rupture and leak into the Fraser? Pipelines rupture quite frequently every year.This Pipeline is a white elephant that if ever built will only increase the price we pay at the pump to pay for it and none of it is for our domestic requirements. Svend Robinson made a mistake and suffered for it but was a very effective MP.
I must be missing something, i could of sworn that there are 2 rail lines running along either side of the fraser and i also swear that i read that they are shipping record amounts of the good stuff in rail cars, bend for Svend, not a chance he is a crook

I must be missing something, i could of sworn that there are 2 rail lines running along either side of the fraser and i also swear that i read that they are shipping record amounts of the good stuff in rail cars, bend for Svend, not a chance he is a crook

Yup.....and I cannot think of the last time there was a rail fuel spill? :confused::D:confused::oops: Jackie....can you?

Svend......Hahaha. That’s awesome....he was soooooo good.

Last time I checked it was two different Rail Companies operating separate rail lines called competition. Don't see anyone other than the taxpayer lining up for even the existing pipeline never mind a competing one, maybe private money knows something the taxpayer doesn't. Tell me how much cheaper our local pump gas is going to be if they twin the line, as I havn't really heard about that yet, or do you agree we will pay more for it to pay off the new pipe?
Do you really think it’s that simple and no one in industry has thought of it? Do you think you’re the only one to have the thought?
Must be just like our raw logs. Doesn't make any sense to mill them here and create maximum value. And i'm sure someone has thought about that too. Just a different perspective to what our finite resources are worth to us locals versus a conglomerate. The comment was made in respect to Jackels statement of ensuring that our oil is never discounted. I guess we don't really care about discounted oil then do we? Can't have it both ways.

FishT that must be fake news, the dipper says rail and road are much safer than pipelines, oh and now the story line is changing it's about cheap discounted oil. I am still very interested in the green rig ole Terrin uses to fish out of, i guess i will just have to wait until he gets back from shopping at patagonia and finishes his latte

Just keep believing what they tell you, as they pat you on the head and tell us we don't need refining capacity in Alberta, been that way for 50 years why should it change??

The public debate surrounding the trade-offs between pipeline and rail transportation has been developing over the past decade as the amount of crude oil transported by rail has increased.[65][57] It was invigorated in 2013 after the deadly Lac-Mégantic disaster in Quebec when a freight train derailed and spilled 5.56 million litres[66] of crude oil, which resulted in explosions and fires that destroyed much of the town's core. That same year, a train carrying propane and crude derailed near Gainford, Alberta, resulting in two explosions but no injuries or fatalities.[67] These rail accidents, among other examples, have raised concerns that the regulation of rail transport is inadequate for large-scale crude oil shipments. Pipeline failures also occur, for instance, in 2015 a Nexen pipeline ruptured and leaked 5 million litres of crude oil over approximately 16,000 m2 at the company's Long Lakeoilsands facility south of Fort McMurray.[68]Although both pipeline and rail transportation are generally quite safe, neither mode is without risk. Numerous studies, however, indicate that pipelines are safer, based on the number of occurrences (accidents and incidents) weighed against the quantity of product transported.[69][70] Between 2004 and 2015, the likelihood of rail accidents in Canada was 2.6 times greater than for pipelines per thousand barrels of oil equivalents (Mboe).[71]Natural gas products were 4.8 times more likely to have a rail occurrence when compared to similar commodities transported by pipelines.[71] Critics question if pipelines carrying diluted bitumen from Alberta's oil sands are more likely to corrode and cause incidents, but evidence shows the risk of corrosion being no different than that of other crude oils.[72]

Last time I checked it was two different Rail Companies operating separate rail lines called competition. Don't see anyone other than the taxpayer lining up for even the existing pipeline never mind a competing one, maybe private money knows something the taxpayer doesn't. Tell me how much cheaper our local pump gas is going to be if they twin the line, as I havn't really heard about that yet, or do you agree we will pay more for it to pay off the new pipe?

Must be just like our raw logs. Doesn't make any sense to mill them here and create maximum value. And i'm sure someone has thought about that too. Just a different perspective to what our finite resources are worth to us locals versus a conglomerate. The comment was made in respect to Jackels statement of ensuring that our oil is never discounted. I guess we don't really care about discounted oil then do we? Can't have it both ways.
ummmm the first nations seem to be lining up wanting to buy the pipeline and the govt has said others have approached them too, I think I have to take that back that you are misinformed and not nuts, you are indeed both, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back