BC Ferries vessel damaged after ‘hard landing’

Hard landing my butt that was an accident did you see the damage three foot gouge out of the bow took four hours to cut it so cars can get off the boat. It’s like when that ferry took out the dock I think in Nanaimo and it was out for like a year, yup you guessed it another hard landing

SOP for that clown show.

I completely agree and it's been a clown show for as long as I can remember. My wife was waiting in langdale with the kids and they watched the ferry come in hot and hammer itself to the docks. Folks were trapped on board for something ridiculous like 11 hours until the seaspan boys could come pull it out at the next tide.

When this happens the reason is generally that the ship loses their reverse on the front props, even though the ferry isn't going very fast, it's a lot of weight to try to stop with with the dock and the dock take the brunt of impact.

ok. i’m bored....i’ll bite. i have no dog in this fight but i ride about 30 times a year (normally). i think they operate a pretty good service. how many landings a year are we talking about? 1000’s i’d guess. the odd hard one doesn’t surprise me at all.

Back