Bass

fowl hook

Went to westwood couple of days ago,buddy got one decent fish the others were all tiny.Has anyone else been out recently?

I've been out to Quennell, Shawnigan and St Mary's lake. IMO Shawnigan is doing the best. 2-3lb fish are the average (aside from the little ones that hit the tubes) with some really nice high 3lbers and a coupla 4s even!
Apparently Long has been bleak so that may be Westwood's problem. Still kinda cold? Quennell is 70 degrees, St Mary's was 63-65 and Shawnigan is high 60s.

Ya Long was slow when i went there about a week or two ago, only got 2,one was decent but the other one was about the same size as the crankbait it was caught on.Ive never had good luck at Long Lake,what are some good spots to fish and what lures usually work?Thanks!

I have little experience with Long lake. I would assume that if the bite was slow, plastics dragged along the drop off would work as would tubes hit on the drop near all the docks. I would imagine that docks near depths of 15'-20'would hold fish. That was the pattern in Shawngian.

Havent been out in a while how has the bass fishing been?Im assuming most fish have gone deep with the hot weather weve had.

Yeah, they're deep. Have yet to find any big ones this year off of topwater. Frustrating when they won't cooperate with this super-fun method.

anyone been out lately? maybe givin it a shot on fri or the weekend...

Friend was at Shawnigan couple days ago. No bite til later in the eve, almost dark. Quennell lake in Cedar has been hit and miss. Awesome fall bite should start soon with the cooler evenings.

Back