Bass results?

Where can I get and can I use crawfish for bass...If you can and you haven't you should

I have only limited experience with Vic's lakes but if you start prowling Elk and Beaver, you're sure to find big bass.
Up Island, the best places are definitely Shawnigan lake and Quennell.
As for the crawfish..... I saw one boat using the tails for bait in the Quennell tournament. I imagine they used a small trap and caught their own somewhere. Probably a small prawn trap would work.

I have only limited experience with Vic's lakes but if you start prowling Elk and Beaver, you're sure to find big bass.
Up Island, the best places are definitely Shawnigan lake and Quennell.
As for the crawfish..... I saw one boat using the tails for bait in the Quennell tournament. I imagine they used a small trap and caught their own somewhere. Probably a small prawn trap would work.

Thank you bring that to my attention I though I read spmewhere about not being able to use Crawfish in BC lakes but now my next question is can u use just the tails of them? its not a crawfish anymore?

quote:
Im new to the area and looking for new places to fish for bass (catch and release) Ive been going to thetis lake and haven't been skunked yet but they best I caught was a 2lb and To langford lake but nothing from there

Im new to the area and looking for new places to fish for bass (catch and release) Ive been going to thetis lake and haven't been skunked yet but they best I caught was a 2lb and To langford lake but nothing from there

I was up to Thetis the other day and didn't have much luck. What was the time of day you were there and what were you using? If you don't mind me asking.

GWD I was going up to thetis lake around the end of august and the bass where bitiing good about 8-9 oclock but now with it getting later earilier I haven't been going quite as offen but I would recommend you go about 2 hrs before sun set and that would be your best bet or right at sunrise...Bass tend to get a little more frisky earily hours of the morning and about an hour before sun set...As for what Ive been using Ive tried everything from top water, crankbait, stick bait, deep divers and live bait(worms) and the only thing I have caught anything on is worms and a bober...Iam going to try the I guess it would be the north lake today I will let you know how it turns out...Do you fish from a boat or from the shore?

GWD if you go by boat let me know next time you go and if you want a fishing partner Im there...Im looking for cheap canoe if anyone has one for sale pay up to $200 depending on condition even if it needs repairs Im interested

Hey Canuck, I do have a boat. It's a 10' flat bottom aluminum, good for the lakes. I don't have an electric motor yet but the oars get me around fine. I was out on Sunday morning, first light. Not much luck however around 9 or 10 o'clock I was heading into where the launch area was and right at the corner I hooked into about a 3 lb bass. Nice fight it gave me, left him there for the next guy. I have been having luck with a normal spinner just trolling it slowly behind the boat. I will post the day before when I am heading out again to Thetis or another small lake in the area, would like a fishing partner. Lot's of room in the boat. Take care.

"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work"

GWD Nice fish
Let me know when and where asn I'll be there well long as it is weekend...You caught it right around where Ive been fishing...I just go shore fishing but there isn't many good spots for that on thetis...look forward to hearing from you

Hey OCanuck, sounds great. I will let you know, I am going to try and get out on Sunday if the weather aint too crappy. Have a good one.

Hey OCanuck, sounds great. I will let you know, I am going to try and get out on Sunday if the weather aint too crappy. Have a good one.

Back