barkley info

slaydown

I recently graduated from bcit and i have time for a fishing trip before starting a new job. There are two things i was wondering. 1)Where can I camp in bamfield 2)I have never fished barkley and i was wondering where some good starting spots would be. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx and tight lines!!!!!

thanx drhook i just called them to make reservations. the only thing is that they dont have moorage.Another question i have is are there any halibut around there but not too far out i dont have that big of a boat. thanx again for the campsite info it was greatly appreciated

quote:Originally posted by slaydown

thanx drhook i just called them to make reservations. the only thing is that they dont have moorage.Another question i have is are there any halibut around there but not too far out i dont have that big of a boat. thanx again for the campsite info it was greatly appreciated

Seabeam has moorage.
There's a campground right across the road, seabeam can give you the number.
http://www.seabeamcanada.ca
In a small boat you can go out and turn right "the wall" in the early AM.
Or you can turn left, but stay further out in the channel up to Whittlestone.

late morning/early afternoon the wind comes up (and I usually go for a nap). The wind usually dies down in the evening.

hey guys, its my first message on here but its been great reading and learning from all of the great fisherman on here.......
anyways my oldman and i are heading up to port alberni.....i know all the spots to fish but just curious how fishing is going these days up in the canal!!!! any info would be great since its our first trip out this year!!! thanks
Spillytalker

Back