Bamfield

michael_reiber

I am heading up to Bamfield this week and was wondering if anyone had any tips as to where would be a good spot to go to for halibut, we only have a 15 ft duroboat so 20 mile bank isnt really an option unless its really flat. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am heading up to Bamfield this week and was wondering if anyone had any tips as to where would be a good spot to go to for halibut, we only have a 15 ft duroboat so 20 mile bank isnt really an option unless its really flat. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

anywhere around Cape Beale, Kirby Island, and Cree Island may have a few chicken halibuts around....I fished with a bamfield resident at Cape Beale in 18 ft little boat...we caught a 30 pound halibut while looking for salmon. that was a long time ago. good luck

If ya can get off shore it will certainly help but as above states they are here and there any way. try to go out side Beal a few miles south, be sure of your weather, find the bottom ya want and vavoom. They are here ther and almost any where out there. Being ya cant travel far its another option, heck straight out, north south who knows.
Good luck, good bait, sit and stick stay it will pay

Back