Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow on the swail side.. Weather sucked !!! Wind and big swell!! Good fishn at flemming

Fished from 22 to the morning of the 25TH. Inside we did well for springs and coho at Fleming and blood bay. The majority of our fish were caught on green splatterback and blue squirts behind green and blue flashers at depths between 35 - 60 feet. The fish on the inside had firecracker herring in their stomachs. On Sundays morning we had a double header of the 2 biggest fish of the year at Flemng. Landed both and released. We ran out to big bank on Saturday right by the armada at 14 mile. We ended up with 5 springs, hatch coho and 1 hali. Guess it might have been better to follow the crowd? It was a great trip and my buddies from St Albert have their salmon for the year.

Back from 4 days at Bamfield. Wet and tired,but lots of fun...nothing huge,,,5 springs around 20 pounds and 11 coho all 7-10 lbs. released 2 oversized springs at the wall,one was a monster easily over 35 lbs....at least it sat still at the side of the boat for the release. Kind of hard to let a couple of hogs like that go,but regs are regs....
Saw an oversized bonked at the Wall,not too cool...some people are not too classy....Oh well,can't be worrying about everyone else,at least I know we did the right thing...
Dragging my butt around work after getting in late and up at 430 to get back into town...All in all was great trip,just could have done without all the rain,but that's Bamfield.
Saw Osama cruise by the Wall yesterday with Mills Landing clients and then again over at Sanford around 10 a.m.
That guy can sure hop around that Grady like a Mexican Jumping bean!! Looked like all were having fun on his boat even in the rain...

Saw Osama cruise by the Wall yesterday with Mills Landing clients and then again over at Sanford around 10 a.m.
That guy can sure hop around that Grady like a Mexican Jumping bean!! Looked like all were having fun on his boat even in the rain...

LOL!!

I'm a bit high strung... and that rain was hell.

Fishing at the big bank fired right up again this week with tons of coho - even a good mix of hatcheries and teener springs. Some hogs still cruising, lost a big one the other day and got one 33 on Wednesday. Halis are hungry, there is a longliner working the bank as well so watch out for his gear.

Still work till Thursday of next week then tuna time for this jumping bean!

The guiding season is just about wrapped up, so I thought I'd post some pics from the BC Tough Crew this summer. Most of these are on our facebook page so sorry for the repeats. Will be putting video together with all the footage this fall.

One of Jeff's Tyees

Clay releasing a slug

A big Hali coming into the poon

Game over

Screenshot of a ling coming over

Screenshot of a solo spring

One of the local Blackies poking around a low tide

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a Rap folks
another season in the books fellas, an unbiased review !!! ,

definitely was decent season , a few hot days , but mostly just rock steady inshore all spring n summer ,Offshore was great the times we went out , but wind and fog were definitely above average in my opinion , but fishable for sure , most days...
halibut was good to us , poked around inshore a little more this last trip, thanks ta guides like Osama and Trophywife for throwin a bone or 2 ta help me out , muchly appreciated , but offshore hali was quik and painless when we ventured out... , above average sized i thought , only released 2 overs , but , i didnt fish em much either , kept 4 in the spring , that will last me all year.. Cohos was the best ive seen in years !! Chinook , well , my opnion is that the numbers forecast were off , hard ta tell i guess , but seems like theres alot of springs still milling around in the sound ,.. m2b..

anyways , last reoprt , fished five days , bringin my total days in ta 47 on the water this season ,,,,sad i know... time ta get ta work and pay for it all now ; )

started along the wall from Nanat up ta Ellis pt, a few fish , nothin ta entice me ta stick around , so cranked a right , and headed ta open water to South end Sanford , and half way across Trevor Channel , the $hitshow of all $hit shows goes off , including a successful triple header , we hit 22 , maybe 26 fish in one or so hours , think we had 4 springs just under ,and 12 large coho..my 3 pals , Randy , Brayden, Steve...were pretty stoked. the next day we decided ta go search for some white meat , whitemeat safari of Snapper ,Kelp Greenling , Vermillion , Lingcod , a decent hali , all drift jigging , flat as can be , heard the chatter on the radio regarding the capsized boat , glad there all ok , cant imagine the terror they went through !! , any ways , fishing was great all weekend long , most fish were caught on a irish cream spoon , and a purple haze hoochie , a few on bait , but not really needed , my solid trex needle was on fire again.. seen a school of coho that passed us on the hook, , ya coulda thrown a rock outta the boat and hit 6 at once , it was a thick blanket of milling coho , never have i seen that , looked like a fish hatchery , unreal...

pulled the boat back for the season , on the way up the canal , i seen 3 boats at Frankin river area near Nahmint,,, , they were all into fish , there lines came up very quik , so im gonna gues 20-30 feet on the rigger , binocs showed anchovies and a white hooch on the double header !! no i didnt put the gear down lol , we were spent !! on step , outta there...
get out there , fishin is still really good ,crowds are gone,,, the wall down to Nanat was hot , yesterday and today for springs again...

crabbing was poor all summer i hear , thx ta the commy that now apparenty owns sarita bay , what a joke , nothin but females for us all weekend ,
prawning getting better , 200 i think we got in 2 sets , was dalish...

have a great fall winter , gd luck ta the Tuna Fleet , stay safe out there , catch up ta ya soon

fd

sum shotz

Brayden

Last edited by a moderator:
No reports for abit. Some great Tuna reports. Hope to go out for 4 days on the 27th. Anything happening or will it be a boating trip, which is fine. The sea lions should be starting there show. Thanks Willydw

No reports for abit. Some great Tuna reports. Hope to go out for 4 days on the 27th. Anything happening or will it be a boating trip, which is fine. The sea lions should be starting there show. Thanks Willydw

I think there could be quite a few tuna fisherman slaying coho and bottom fish for the next few days coming up :).

Great pics boys.....look forward to tilting a pint with you both one day.

Ducker.....let's not wait til all your young Oilers contracts are up. :p

Kelly.....aside from fishing we gotta talk swimming! :cool:

I'd say something about talking to Sculpin but the year is up meaning I have to shut up. :rolleyes:

Ahab the Arab......Osama....look forward to a pint, beeotch.

Ahab the Arab......Osama....look forward to a pint, beeotch.

Explosion-Image-by-US-Department-of-Defense.jpg

Fixed that for ya pips.......

Nice pics guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back