Bamfield area

Ugly Betty

Myself and fishing crew are heading to bam town in July. So I have been watching Youtube videos on fishing the area to see if I could learn anything new about the area. One video the guy said they were fishing at turtle head. So I checked my chart and don't really see any area of land that resembles a turtle. So I figured it must be a under water contour that they were fishing. From what I can figure there is a bottom contour just outside of the rectangular R.C.A that has a small resemblance of a turtle. Is this what is called turtle head?

wow talk about a detailed reply!!!!! Thanks Fog Ducker. To bad it's so far from Bamfield. I guess I will have to stick to my Wall to Witlestone troll and just hope to intercept a wandering Hali. We unfortunately are not going off shore on this trip. The 16' Lund is a weee bit too small. The friend with the big boat didn't pan out.

It's totally possible to get a Halibut in a 16 foot boat near Bamfield in July. pm me when you get here and I might be able to point you in the right direction.
I agree , you really don't have to go far depending on weather

ya too far in that tinner... for sure touch base with bod, i will most likely be around.... hali jig close by!!

Back