Bait Bones

FishWhisperer

Just hoping to get some input on my Bait Bones. Good? Bad? Ugly? Sales have increased quite a bit since last year. Only heard a couple reviews so far tho... They're very easy to install and extract. Videos on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAY59s8mHnA

BAIT BONES BOTH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should talk a bit about what the product does and the benefits of using them? Also show how to rig in a fish.
I assume they help give the bait the desired roll but how to use isn't super intuitive for me...
Maybe it is for others?

Maybe you should talk a bit about what the product does and the benefits of using them? Also show how to rig in a fish.
I assume they help give the bait the desired roll but how to use isn't super intuitive for me...
Maybe it is for others?

Hey Wishin... wasn't specifically looking to make sales on here. I know a few guys on here use them and was hoping for some feedback emails.
Using wire in your bait is a little "not so secret", secret way to control the roll of your bait. Old guide trick. It was always a pain in the azz finding the wire that wouldn't rust in your box, not to mention harnessing/wrapping up your teaser head with wire then running it thru the gill plate, which didn't always work well for me.
Bait Bones go straight into the mouth and down the middle of the bait fish's body. They snap right into most teaser heads, snap out just as easily and they're made of stainless steel so they won't rust. I guess I could post more informative vids on YouTube.

Where can you pick some up?

Bait Bones are in most tackle shops on the island - Harbour Chandler, Gone Fishin, Island Outfitters, Wholesale Sports, Tyee Marine, etc. Few places on the mainland, not exactly sure which tho. I don't think Berry's has any.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the bait bones for Anchovies, AJ sent me some a couple months back,
they work pretty awesome, makes gaining a perfect roll easy everytime and allows the use of a single hook also.
I have gone through a few of them, and will be after some more in the not to distant future,
Thanks for another great product AJ, I use them and the rod wraps all the time.
but anxiously waiting on the jugheads, may have to increase my order on them too
Tim

I have to be honest I have never seen them before. I have been using the wire method for years now and found that it really helps my production out. I have a lifetime supply of SS wire so rusty lures aren't a problem but I usually break a few heads bending the wire into them. I will definitely pick up some to try and post my findings on them in a few weeks. Looks like a great idea........Cheers!

Ill be picking up a couple pacs of these, ive been using a 4" piece of 9 gage galvanized wire were the tooth pick goes... just have to round the end so it doesn't pinch your line. works good this way but I lose the piece of wire after several fish.
052.jpg

Ill be picking up a couple pacs of these, ive been using a 4" piece of 9 gage galvanized wire were the tooth pick goes... just have to round the end so it doesn't pinch your line. works good this way but I lose the piece of wire after several fish.
View attachment 7589

you will like the Baitbones, same idea as yours except they just snap into the teaser holes forward of the red pin and go through the mouth of the chovie
real slick and easy to tune the roll

Back