back country degenerates

Carmanah

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/hikers-car-shot-out-on-vancouver-island-1.3087946

I just wanted to post this article about a couple hikers recently on VI who's car was vandalized parked on a logging road, as a person who spends the majority of my free time on these roads I think people need to be aware and keep there eyes/ears open for this sort of activity because any sort of legal enforcement in these areas is non-existent or stretched thin its really ineffective.

You don't have to get in the way or even say anything if the situation is dangerous just take some pictures and move on then call the rcmp or rapp. I just think its really important that us the public to make a difference and not just ignore what is going on and not make it the norm, these guys are ruining the small pristine areas we have access to for hiking fishing and hunting etc. I certainly have seen enough and don't hesitate to make the call or tell someone they are in the wrong if the situation sees fit.

Ya .. Brutal, guy goes for an overnight hike up arrowsmith and returns to find his late model VW completely deystroyed... How in anyway does someone find amusement destroying someone else's vehicle.... Pathetic.. Hope they catch the bastards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya .. Brutal, guy goes for an overnight hike up arrowsmith and returns to find his late model VW completely deystroyed... How in anyway does someone find amusement destroying someone else's vehicle.... Pathetic.. Hope they catch the bastards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just another reason I have a personal policy of never going into the backcountry without being armed. In my book, shooting up someone's car is not that far from shooting at people. Before people jump on me for this statement, I want to make it clear that I would not use deadly force to defend ANY property. Gone are the days where the only thing I worried about in the bush were toothy creatures. Now I worry about idiots and drunks with guns too. Imagine what might have happened if this guy and his girlfriend strolled up on a couple of drunk dudes blazing away at their car. It's no leap to think what they may have done to those two hikers. The cops are no help to you in bush so you might as well think of it as the Old West and assume you will be responsible for your own safety and protection.

Back