August Tuna Run?

Osama Ill be there tuesday around 12 noon Ill try to locate you sine it would be nice to meet you an put a face to a name,Im definately interested in goin out but Ill have to run it by my crew two of them have never fished the west coat so it would be a huge eye opener if it was to get really snotty out there,I do however need to buy some gear for this fishery so I do need a little help here,names of lures and anything that you would suggest I could buy on monday before I come over thanks for the invite im pumped cant wait to see the marine station has a feeling like Im at my second home...

Osama Ill be there tuesday around 12 noon Ill try to locate you sine it would be nice to meet you an put a face to a name,Im definately interested in goin out but Ill have to run it by my crew two of them have never fished the west coat so it would be a huge eye opener if it was to get really snotty out there,I do however need to buy some gear for this fishery so I do need a little help here,names of lures and anything that you would suggest I could buy on monday before I come over thanks for the invite im pumped cant wait to see the marine station has a feeling like Im at my second home...

stop at PNT on the way in, robert will "hook" you up with tuna gear

I get my boat trailered over by a boat moving company it works out to be a little more exspensive then the ferry but I look at it as supporting the local economy instead of our crooked government and no ferry lines or wait times,Ill hit pac net and twine in steveston tommorrow thanks for the info Trophy Wife very much appreciated maybe we will see you in Bamfield???

Tight lines
Billydoo

i curious on how much it cost to trailer the boat. From A to B ? would you mind sharing that info and who did the move ? on there trailer your yours ?
thanks

I have a 24ft grady white and he charges me just under 300 from nanaimo to port alberni his name is don hes a great guy,super good at what he does,the # is 1-250-730-1259 or 1-250 758-7511 tell him Paul gave you his number well worth it not having to take the ferry .

Tight lines
Billydoo

I assume he skips the ferry and instead drives his own boat across the straight to nanaimo. Then the trailering company takes him and his boat to alberni.
Seems like a decent idea that probably saves a lot of time and hassle.

Thats all great advice on moving boats... maybey could start a thread for it!

We tuna hunters really don't care about that.... we care about Tuna!!!

Sculpin we are using hali rods and reels. Spool as much line on as you can - they can empty a reel so fast you won't believe it. Braided 100lb test on the reels.

Not going tomorrow, gonna go Thursday instead.

Just saw a confirmed report with picture of a Schoolie sized bluefin tuna caught off Tofino this past week, should get a few of you guys fired up.

i woke up thursday early and tunadon's boat wasnt home... so whats the report????

This thread sure has gone cold.

I may venture out for the long fins if i can get a decent report 1st

ok here we go... What a blast we hit 8 fish first trip and 8 fish second largest 1st trip 33 pounds and 2nd trip 32 weather was blowin 15 to 18 with white caps. calmed down a bit thru the day. had a few lulls, longest was for about 5 hours and then bang bang two rods explode scream backwards 100 miles an hour. first trip had a quad on, and landed 3 in the boat. fuel bills over $1000 both times, but well worth for us.... pics.... could only put 3 on thou more tmorow
258.jpg
et.com/albums/a404/slivo1/012.j
012.jpg
tp://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a404/slivo1/258.jpg[/IMG]pg[/IMG]

Back