Arima 17' Sea Chaser....what are you thoughts on this one

Oh, also wanted to ask if "new bottom paint" is a good thing or bad thing? Seems to me that if they had to paint the bottom, maybe it had some significant wear or hiding damage???

Usually only bottom painted when the boat is going to be moored for extended
periods.
It's chemically treated to resist algae growth

Last edited by a moderator:
small world we're in ... hope they aren't selling it for more than you let it go for!

He is asking more than what I got - probably trying to recover taxes and the cost of the new kicker.

It has been on CL for a few weeks now, so if he really wants to sell, I guess he will have to negotiate.

That Honda ran very strong when I had it.

He is asking more than what I got - probably trying to recover taxes and the cost of the new kicker.

It has been on CL for a few weeks now, so if he really wants to sell, I guess he will have to negotiate.

That Honda ran very strong when I had it.

Hey Enniberg, do you mind me asking what you sold it for and how long ago?

So the Sea Chaser in Seattle is on hold. Waiting on a response from that 16' Arima Explorer in Nanaimo. Not many to choose from. Juandesooka, thanks for those CL finds. Wish I had a friend in Oregon or Myrtle Beach.

Anyone ever bring a boat into Canada from the states? Is it expensive? How does it work?

Thanks again guys.

Dave

Easy! Just make sure you have the Bill of sale, titles, all the paperwork. The border guys just want their cut(taxes lol)
Might have to walk into an DMV office and get a transit permit, if you're picking it up yourself.

It's been discussed here before...do a search
good luck!

Anyone ever bring a boat into Canada from the states? Is it expensive? How does it work?

Just a small thing on trailer tires. If the trailer needs new tires, you may want to buy them in the US before you bring the trailer across the border, because when the trailer is inspected by Canadian Tire, they will ding you the enviromental fee of $5.00 per tire.

Dave S: easy to bring a boat back over, pay the taxes, a little paperwork, and that's it. Search on forum for super detailed info. If I were you, I'd be searching all of Vancouver Island, Lower Mainland, Seattle, and Portland -- craigslist will do it all, but you can search iBoat, yachttraderonline, and the other dealer mags too. Because Arima is a Seattle built boat, you'll find a lot more in WA and OR ... and much better deals. I got my Campion in Everett ... a Canadian built boat exported to USA and sold for something like half the price in Canada. Smokin' deal on it used. Oddly, bought from a dealer, but they'd advertised on Craigslist. You pretty much have to be the first person there on those deals, or it'll be gone. Phone was ringing off the hook while I was getting it surveyed. So you better be ready to do some driving if you want to find a bargain.

I just bought a boat from the us in may. You need the vin number of the trailer..... then contact RIV(google it) they'll ask you for the vin over the phone. They'll tell you if it's good to go and will give you a file number for when you bring it back. Go get the boat. Bring two bills of sale with you(print any form of bill of sale of the net) one for the boat and one for the trailer. At the border produce the two bills of sale and the title papers from both and you only pay tax for one ( i can't remember) probably boat.Done go home... I was at the border for 20mins tops! Call RIV when you get home, they send you to canadian tire to look over the trailer and give you the proper paperwork to take to get the trailer insured.Get it insured..... Then for the boat.... fill out the application form for the licensing and send it all the way to new brunswick for your stickers(you have 90 days) but can still run the boat. I don't think I've missed anything..... Was real easy..... I was hesitant at first,but once I saw the u.s. pricing I decided to go for it. I'm glad I did. Saved 30% Good luck!!!! Let us know what you get.

I believe you only need to worry about RIV if the trailer is newer than 15 years, but regardless of age of trailer, the vin number needs to be legible, otherwise you will have a hard time getting it licensed and insured.

Do yourself a favor if you buy American, photo copy the online add with the price on it. I got such a good deal on my Alumaweld that the Canadian border guard didn't believe the bill of sale. Thankfully we were able to pull up the CL add right there in the office and I got out of there. BTW stop looking at Arimas! I don't need more competition!

I'm on the mainland. Everything I have seen in B.C is too pricey anyways. I'll be heading south to buy I think.

I'm on the mainland. Everything I have seen in B.C is too pricey anyways. I'll be heading south to buy I think.

Wanna pick one up for me too when your down there? I'm thinking it's not easy to find a solid boat with good power and a good price. I think I would have to be on it quickly and with work, I won't be able to just bust it over to check it out.

I DO NOT have any kind of beef with Canadian Tire but can someone tell me why they are the chosen one to inspect a trailer??

They got the contract from the government to do all the inspections. I believe if you bring a car or truck over it also needs to be inspected by canadian tire before it can be insured. I guess the gov wanted one place to do all the inspections so they are all done the same way and canadian tire is a national chain plus they negotiated a good price (to your benefit). The inspection fee is paid for when you bring the vehicle over so you don't need to pay canadian tire a dime when you take your vehicle in. If everyone had to do it privately I am sure it would cost most people more for the inspection.

My one experience importing led me to have the trailer inspected at Canadian Tire. It was, quick and easy. They basically are only checking to see if the VIN is present and there are no apparent visual safety issues.

Jus wondering what the difference between the Sea Ranger and the Sea Chaser was? Thanks

Back