Thought i would review the DFO openings/closure listing for area 19
and this is what i found :

Halibut- closed
lingcod -closed
rockfish-closed
prawns - closed

Kind of dismal when there is only one species (Chinook) open ,that will likely
be affected in March when the early Fraser fish are present. :(

Sole, flounder, sand dabs, sculpins, skates, dog fish, pacific cod, perch, herring, shiners (for bait), crabs, sea urchins, squid, octopus, bivalves?, photos of wildlife, boat rides to pubs, steelheading, trout fishing, year round golf. Just sayin'. You could be in Prince George or Rutland.

Just wondering how much fun a crab is on 15 pound test?

Sole, flounder, sand dabs, sculpins, skates, dog fish, pacific cod, perch, herring, shiners (for bait), crabs, sea urchins, squid, octopus, bivalves?, photos of wildlife, boat rides to pubs, steelheading, trout fishing, year round golf. Just sayin'. You could be in Prince George or Rutland.
Ha Ha, what you don't like Prince George or Rutland?? What about star-fish? It just sucks to see more and more limitations as time goes by.:(

Point well taken T but this is a saltwater sportfishing forum and Craves post was in relation to saltwater sportfishishing ops.

Point well taken T but this is a saltwater sportfishing forum and Craves post was in relation to saltwater sportfishishing ops.

Just pointing out that I am envious of you guys that can see and smell the salt everyday. I got enough fish in 4 trips last year, but I would still like to play on the ocean more often.

Yep Can you imagine this new banner...... "THE WORLD FAMOUS BULLHEAD DERBY"
we all pile down to flemming beach and see who can get the biggest bullhead worse part is IT could be like that!!!!!!

Wolf

Scary -Back to the Grass roots where we started from as kids- catching Bullhead -Perhaps we could start a Sculpin Society-Wondering if DFO is going the divide that up 88/12 also :(

locals only

Hey Derby I can give you some good tips on anchoring up for Sculpins, have some awesome coordinates!

Hey now....Keep those spots under your hat, eh, our little ocean is crowded enough already.

"Those who know, don't tell; those who tell, don't know".

cabezon.jpg

Wolf we won't need a boat @ least ! we just fish them off the bridge or the warf like in the old days!

Back