Area 23 SFAC Meeting on March 26

Islandgirl

Did anyone attend the meeting and can post and Update?

Democracies are decided by those who show up. See you there next time.;) If you want more fun than a barrel of monkeys you should show up at the South Coast SFAB meeting at Tigh na Mara this week.

THe attitude that if you didnt come, we shouldnt bother wasting our time explaining what happened is ******** FYI.
I thought you represent EVERYONES interests.

what days and what time are the meetings in parksville??

Lorne

Meeting is this weekend.

Lorne, no surprises there...get involved. I'm not responsible for your education....and yes, you did manage to waste a lot of some very busy people's time, and it was fruitless, divisive and only served to destroy the working relationships within the sport fishing community. Not to mention the S*&% show you stirred up only fed into the hands of the commies. Nicely done. I want no part of what you are trying to do...ZERO INTEREST. Speaking of that...no, I'm not representing your interests, I'm far too busy figuring out new ways to screw everyone I can...or at least that's what you would represent.:D

Meeting is this weekend.

Lorne, no surprises there...get involved. I'm not responsible for your education....and yes, you did manage to waste a lot of some very busy people's time, and it was fruitless, divisive and only served to destroy the working relationships within the sport fishing community. Not to mention the S*&% show you stirred up only fed into the hands of the commies. Nicely done. I want no part of what you are trying to do...ZERO INTEREST. Speaking of that...no, I'm not representing your interests, I'm far too busy figuring out new ways to screw everyone I can...or at least that's what you would represent.:D

I would happily Take credit for all of the above. However i can't. You reap what you sow bud!

If buy asking questions, and demanding explanations, and driving transperency, I am painting the picture of you screwing everyone, then so be it. You are the only one that can fix that.

However, it may be in your best interest, to be a little more acomdating. But as we all know, you aint got time for us....... GET INVOLVED, ATTEND EVERY MEETING, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TOW THE LINE OF THE PEOPLE AT THE TABLE OR GO F@$)(*@$ YOURSELF, is the SFAB message. And i hear you guys loud and clear.

See yah this weekend.

Lorne

We tried that Lorne. A lot of different people tried talking, e-mail, pm et al with you. It was like talking to a brick wall. A lot of energy with not a lot of active listening. I'm just saying we gave up hope. Now, as I said we are not responsible for your education, you have to take accountability for that. Good to see you taking the initiative to attend meetings. I gathered from your post outlining the Area 14 SFAC that you got nothing out of that process...and yet, I hear from some in the room you actually didn't ask too many probing, transparency inspiring questions. It appears to me that you are just happy to stir it up. Have fun at the meeting, I don't think you will get anything out of it if you attend with that approach as your frame of reference.

The first meeting that I have attended, (almost didn't make it, missed the first 25-30minutes - WORK!!!!). For me it was an introduction to the format, tone, methods, attitude, levels of education in topics of discussion needed to proactively contribute. I can see that I have a lot of time to put in and lots of ground to cover in order to catch up and get up to speed with some of the levels of enlightenment of some of the folks there last night. These guys/gals must put in massive, I mean incredible amounts of time to be on top of all of the numbers and facts on a variety of issues and topics. I can see now that this is not like our town hall meetings that we all had for the Halibut quota last year, where anyone can stand up and holler out their beefs and gripes. These meetings have structure, methods, and a manner of conduct that will take some time to learn and adjust to in order to make positive contributions to the process and subsequently the fisheries. Sure I can see from my own perspective that some things we would like to have happen faster and in our immediate favour, but like I mentioned, the established methods have to be learned, and then one can get into the game, and work together to get things done.

For me this was an eye opener, as to the amount of time that these people that have been attending all of these meetings, have been putting in. I don't know where they find the time to do it, we are all busy. My hat is off to them for that, and I only hope that I can find some time to contribute and make a positive mark towards the security of our fisheries by doing what I can do when I can.

More hands definately will make lighter work for all.

We tried that Lorne. A lot of different people tried talking, e-mail, pm et al with you. It was like talking to a brick wall. A lot of energy with not a lot of active listening. I'm just saying we gave up hope. Now, as I said we are not responsible for your education, you have to take accountability for that. Good to see you taking the initiative to attend meetings. I gathered from your post outlining the Area 14 SFAC that you got nothing out of that process...and yet, I hear from some in the room you actually didn't ask too many probing, transparency inspiring questions. It appears to me that you are just happy to stir it up. Have fun at the meeting, I don't think you will get anything out of it if you attend with that approach as your frame of reference.

I am sorry, I tried to ask those questions, as did some others, only to be rushed, told those things were not relevant, and pretty much just to shut up. Asking questions and challenging the process is not what it's about, you know that. Read the terms of reference. I am not hear to debate any of this. IF you dont want to tell people what happened at the meeting at area 23, and why the south island guides and anglers should have to take more restirctions potentially, then so be it. But stay on topic.

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
SPORT FISHING ADVISORY BOARD
SOUTH COAST COMMITTEE MEETING
2012 SC SFAB Agenda 1
Mar 31/Apr1, 2012
March 31/April 1, 2012 - Coast Bastion - Nanaimo, BC
AGENDA
Day 1 Saturday March 31, 2012
8:30 Introductions and approval of agenda

SPORT FISHING ADVISORY BOARD
SOUTH COAST COMMITTEE MEETING
2012 SC SFAB Agenda 1
Mar 31/Apr1, 2012
March 31/April 1, 2012 - Coast Bastion - Nanaimo, BC
AGENDA
Day 1 Saturday March 31, 2012
8:30 Introductions and approval of agenda

THanks Deryk,

WIll try to be present at least one of the days,

Lorne

I would happily Take credit for all of the above. However i can't. You reap what you sow bud!

If buy asking questions, and demanding explanations, and driving transperency, I am painting the picture of you screwing everyone, then so be it. You are the only one that can fix that.

However, it may be in your best interest, to be a little more acomdating. But as we all know, you aint got time for us....... GET INVOLVED, ATTEND EVERY MEETING, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TOW THE LINE OF THE PEOPLE AT THE TABLE OR GO F@$)(*@$ YOURSELF, is the SFAB message. And i hear you guys loud and clear.

See yah this weekend.

Lorne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcAjpu2F3og&feature=relmfu

Back