aquamarine tender

aheny

I picked up an older 10' aquamarine inflatable and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this specific brand? I am curious what you have found the durability of the transom attachment is?

Its rated for 110lb 10hp and I am planning on mounting a 70ish lb 4 stroke 9.9

Last edited by a moderator:
The fiberglass transom seems to be solid, bombed around in it for around a dozen hours now, did some trolling off the sandheads and Roberts bank. Ive found a good plan for mounting a downrigger and 2nd rod holder, my next order of business is a little fish finder. Any recommendations on a decent low cost portable, and an idea for how to mount the transducer?

2013-08-05 13.40.42.jpg

I am rebuilding the seats today (they attach to the black straps).

Mount the downriggers and the fish-finder on the seat. Get the downriggers with the rod holders on them, less to screw around with. Mount your transducer on a piece of starboard and either mount it permanently on the transom or use spring clamps or C-clamps to hold it in place. You'll also need a battery for the fish-finder and you could alligator clamps or just hard wire it.

Thanks for the tips. By the way, love that starboard stuff, opened up a whole new world for me

Back