April 1 Fishing Regs-sell your Boats!!

sold my boat last week, I'm done with salt water fishing, at least for a while. time for a BC separatist party , lots of people disgruntled with the ndp and liberals. the feds are pretty much forcing one to be formed imho, it's not just the fishing industry here.
Not sure if many of you have noticed the link in my signature but take a look. Personally I think it’s the way to go.

Esquimalt Anglers had a net pen project with smolts from Nitinat Lake that provided one of the finest fishing opportunities in the world.
Access was easy for boats of all sizes in safe and protected waters.
Some anglers would even pickup the odd chinook by spin casting off the end of the Breakwater.
It was not unusual to get skunked but as often as not from late July thru early September you could pick up one or two chinook in the 18 to 22 pound range and the scenery was spectacular!
DFO shut down this extremely popular and successful project with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER because in their wisdom they thought these Nitinat fish might get into the Cowichan River system.
Interestingly at the same time DFO approved the Sooke River Net Pen project with smolts from Nitiinat.
Angling opportunities are becoming a rare commodity for most.
In these days of Conservation, Native rights and Fish Farms a lot of decisions are made based on politics, but this was a foolish decision based on theory that could easily be rectified.
This was a sad decision indeed. That was a fantastic fishery. Lots of good sized fish, lots of fun.

So............. is there any place on Vancouver Island that you can take and KILL a salmon
before July 15th-July 31st ......... IF SO I might just hitchhike up there with my spinning gear and a
large Styrofoam cooler over my back.

Frack!!! I'm pissed off
Yes! Barkley Sound. Bamfield, Ucluelet. Both are good to go right now.

Yes! Barkley Sound. Bamfield, Ucluelet. Both are good to go right now.
Hows it working for out of towners with the Covid restrictions?

Hows it working for out of towners with the Covid restrictions?
Seems to be no problems if you are from within your health district. I am booked at the Imperial Eagle Lodge this weekend.

Look how catch and release is now treated.

Man millennials are so hyper sensitive this world is going for a **** the fonz getting crucified for catching and releasing that beauty cutthroat… if only parents could still use a wooden spoon for discipline those were the days

A big "Thank you" to CV Marine in Courtenay. My Merc 115 4, with only 660 hrs , quit off Hornby Island about 5 weeks ago. 4 hr trip back to Comox on the kicker. Like a number of other dealers/marine mechanics, they are crazy busy. They pushed me up the ladder so we could see what was wrong. Turns out the oil pump base washer failed... block was toast. BUTTTTT I had two weeks left on my Merc 3 yr warrantee. The guys at CV got in touch with Mercury in Michigan...... the upshot was Merc honored the warrantee and shipped a complete powerhead to Courtenay . It took a while because of Covid border restrictions , but I now have a basically a new motor.. The stick handling from CV to Fond du Lac to get the block shipped asap is much appreciate-- so I am NOT selling my boat....Its got a brand new engine !

A big "Thank you" to CV Marine in Courtenay. My Merc 115 4, with only 660 hrs , quit off Hornby Island about 5 weeks ago. 4 hr trip back to Comox on the kicker. Like a number of other dealers/marine mechanics, they are crazy busy. They pushed me up the ladder so we could see what was wrong. Turns out the oil pump base washer failed... block was toast. BUTTTTT I had two weeks left on my Merc 3 yr warrantee. The guys at CV got in touch with Mercury in Michigan...... the upshot was Merc honored the warrantee and shipped a complete powerhead to Courtenay . It took a while because of Covid border restrictions , but I now have a basically a new motor.. The stick handling from CV to Fond du Lac to get the block shipped asap is much appreciate-- so I am NOT selling my boat....Its got a brand new engine !
Mercury warranty is the best by far/end story

So far 7 legal drift and set net openings within the Fraser, targeting some of the most endangered stocks of Chinook on the West coast.
We are all closed down for conservation to protect these stocks that are borderline extinction levels and yet netting continues.

Truly disgusting what DFO is doing!

I can afford a ticket for the clipped chinook i plan on keeping. Get my day in court! :mad:
I’ve been thinking the exact same thing. I can afford the day in court and I think I’d actually love to see a lower court judges reaction to DFOs “Conservation“ measures (of hatchery fish????) while we’re already at 10-gill net openings on the lower Fraser!

Cheers!

Back