Appropriate Footwear?

TelStar26

I'd like to start dealing with my catch while standing on my swim grid. I don't have the spare money right now for a good fresh water rinse pump and setup. But I'm sick of fish blood and slime being tracked all throughout my boat before I get a chance to throw a bucket of sea water on it. I usually get wet feet if I stand on my swim grid while wearig my usual hikeing boots, and I've noticed on local YouTube videos and pics, that alot of guides are wearing some sort of rubber gumm boot.
So what are You wearing? How do they work for you? And where can a guy buy em locally?

I used to wear the baffin rubber boots with the suction cups on the bottom but I found the rubber too stiff and my feet would get sore after an hour or so. I just purchased some Xtra Tuff neoprene boots and they are the bomb!!! So comfortable and like wearing slippers.

I ordered them from LFS Outdoors in Bellingham. I'm sure someone on the mainland must carry them.

I've always found rubber boots and that type of footwear incredibly uncomfortable. I use a pair of hiking boots. Made by Keen. They are called The Growler. They come up just above my ankle and are waterproof and very confortable. I use the Keen Newport sandals if it's a nice warm day and I don't mind my feet getting wet. The sandals are waterproof as well, so they stay dry and don't get all slimy like I've found other sandals do.

I've always found rubber boots and that type of footwear incredibly uncomfortable.

Me Too. They don't "breath" and that makes for smelly uncomfortable feet!
Most of the commercial Ladz I know wear Viberg Stompers. Waterproof, damn comfortable, don't leave marks on the boat decks, and breath! Not high enough likely for dancing on the swim grid, but great for all other applications out there!

Here's the link: http://www.workboot.com/work-boots/stompers-0401-romeo-ii.html

Cheers,
Nog

I just purchased some Xtra Tuff neoprene boots and they are the bomb!!! So comfortable and like wearing slippers.

I ordered them from LFS Outdoors in Bellingham. I'm sure someone on the mainland must carry them.

Not sure on a northern supplier of Xtra Tuff but this is the brand I'd go for. Not cheap, not expensive, but a hell of a great product.

I personally use (which I LOVE to death when I'm on the water, or in the shop) is the Timberland Enduro Pro 8" Waterproof boot. Leather, tough as hell. Comfy as heaven. I've taken water over the boot (takin a leak on the swimdeck) and so long as the boot is tied, I have yet to get a wet foot.

check em out here : (best price you will find)

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...-insulated-work-boots-brown.aspx?a=921483&e=Y

I've got neoprene Bogs boots that come up to mid calf. They've got great arch support, key you dry and are quite warm. For warmer weather, I wear aqua socks and just get my feet wet.

I have some of these, they are real comfy and chanelled under the insole area to keep water away, and short so they dont rub my calves
getting hard to find but I've seen them on ebay, I think pacific angler may have a size or 2 left as well or try the link

http://www.tackledirect.com/shimano-evair-fishing-boots.html

Size 16 basketball shoes over neoprene sock waders if I'm launching alone and it's cold. Slip on sandals July/August even with full rain gear. If someone hits your shoes with the washdown hose and you don't like it, you are improperly attired.

juneau tennis shoes, aka, xtra tuff's. i have a pair of insulated for colder weather and a pair that are not. great insole, great traction, good comfort all day long. bogs are great but much heavier in weight. Swain's in PA has them in most sizes. easy ferry ride over and a long walk. or, let me know if you are coming across and we will work something out.

I just wear my hunting boots or my everyday hikers....Meindl pefekt hunters and timberland hikers both are gortex lined so they are breathable and waterproof not to mention excellent ankle support and sure footed which is a big plus anyday but really nice when out on the WC and its rockin and rollin!!

These are on sale at Can Tire for $29.00 right now.
Great bang for buck.

Attachments

• cantire boot.jpg
    cantire boot.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 75
Back