anyone try these???

albernifisher

Just found these online and bought a couple to try next weekend in Bamfield,anyone ever tried these? The action on them look really cool,check out the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQgm6oagvXY&feature=youtu.be
cannibal001_zps702db6b5.jpg

The company is called allure tackle and they are based out of Qualicum

The website is looksthatkill.ca.. Mark, the owner is a real nice fella. We carried some of his products with us to an outdoor/tradeshow down in Everett, WA back in June and they did quite well. Sold lots of his flashers- check out his site and you'll know why {hehehe}.

Hopefully Mark will chime in shortly with a few details of these lures. He is a knowledgeable guy and will most certainly assist anyone he can.

The website is looksthatkill.ca.. Mark, the owner is a real nice fella. We carried some of his products with us to an outdoor/tradeshow down in Everett, WA back in June and they did quite well. Sold lots of his flashers- check out his site and you'll know why {hehehe}.

Hopefully Mark will chime in shortly with a few details of these lures. He is a knowledgeable guy and will most certainly assist anyone he can.
Nice flashers there. You're right, I can see why they sell.

I bought a couple that look real close to those, tried them this june over at thrasher,
coho seemed to like them, but havent hooked up any springs yet, really cool swimming action
these ones were called zombie max, seen them at army and navy swimming in a display tank
looked really cool, Caught me lol
http://www.luckybuglures.com/shop-online/zombie-maxx/

forgot to mention, I pulled both trebles and just hung a 4 or 5/0 hook off the rear
didnt seem to affect swimming action at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, my ears were burning! Thanks for the mention salty-dog. The lures, (The Cannibal) are new this year. I worked on them for quite a while and released them at the beginning of summer. Being a larger "plug type" lure at 5.5" they had a slow start with the early smaller fish. In the last month they have had awesome results. I have personally had my best results with mooching. I use banana weights and drop them down wherever the fish are at on the sounder. I simply let them swim around with the boat movement or gently jig and tease. I have also had success casting into coho, letting it troll in the wash, and bottom bouncing for lings and cod. With the bottom bouncing and jigging, I usually take off the tail hook and use a larger treble in the front. For salmon I usually swap to a swivel and single hook in the front. They are UV coated. Best of luck albernifisher!

Hey, my ears were burning! Thanks for the mention salty-dog. The lures, (The Cannibal) are new this year. I worked on them for quite a while and released them at the beginning of summer. Being a larger "plug type" lure at 5.5" they had a slow start with the early smaller fish. In the last month they have had awesome results. I have personally had my best results with mooching. I use banana weights and drop them down wherever the fish are at on the sounder. I simply let them swim around with the boat movement or gently jig and tease. I have also had success casting into coho, letting it troll in the wash, and bottom bouncing for lings and cod. With the bottom bouncing and jigging, I usually take off the tail hook and use a larger treble in the front. For salmon I usually swap to a swivel and single hook in the front. They are UV coated. Best of luck albernifisher!

Mark, those look great and thats awesome you caught fish using them. Do you have any specifics on fish you have caught using these? Pics? Colours? Depths? Areas where fished? Types of fish you caught and weights?
They do look like they would be great jigging lures...

Mark, those look great and thats awesome you caught fish using them. Do you have any specifics on fish you have caught using these? Pics? Colours? Depths? Areas where fished? Types of fish you caught and weights?
They do look like they would be great jigging lures...

Thanks, I usually fish out of French Creek near Parksville on the island. They are not a very heavy lure, so I usually jig and mooch shallow (under 90') even when using a banana weight. When jigging I use a larger front hook and remove the back hook to minimize tangles. Earlier in the week while bottom bouncing near Ucluelet I was catching lings, coho, black bass, rockfish, gabazons, greenlings and more at about 50/60'. cannibal white witch.jpg

"really cool swimming action
these ones were called zombie max, seen them at army and navy swimming in a display tank
looked really cool, Caught me lol
http://www.luckybuglures.com/shop-online/zombie-maxx/"

My oldest son's (Lives to fish) has been working on the design & development of the Zombie max and several other prototype plugs using tri-technology for Lucky Bug lures. We've been doing research / fishing over the entire summer, pullin these around with various hook set ups. The Zombie fish's best by tossing the pair of trebles and putting a large single siwash hook on the front pin. It's proven deadly on both Springs and Coho for us both over on the WCVI and ECVI. There in the process of developing a plug line which darts, stalls, unlike anything I've ever seen. Several guides have been providing feed back to the company since June on the Zombie, both WCVI and the east coast of Canada. Be interesting if any would chime in on the success rate (unbiased Dad patten the boys back). A popular one, well respected here advises there a must on the "wall of death" If your interested in first hand info give me a pm and I'll have the boy reply.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/secretpursuit/media/IMGP0041.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/secretpursuit/media/IMGP0095.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I also have a 4 section that rattles.The Hulk-Burgess-Cannibal.jpg

Attachments

• The Hulkburg smaller.jpg
    The Hulkburg smaller.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 519
Back