Anyone fished Quenell Lake lately?

M

mthornton

Just wondering if anyone has been fishing quennel lake lately? Was thinking about getting it a try but not sure if it's worth it? Any info appreciated. Also what lake have most people found to be the most productive lately?
Tight Lines

Quennell in Cedar right? trout or smallies? We hit Quennell on the 13th. Caught 7 smallies. Off the point nearest the deeper part of the lake and there's a small hump north of that. Fish were caught with a tube or grub in about 12'-18' of water.

Eric thanks for the info. By the way was that march 13th u were fishing? Also where exactly on the lake are you talking about? If you launch at the campground there is two arms. Which arm do you start up, the left or the right? And then where do you go from there? Thanks

Yep it was March. From the campsite, go left down the 'slow' deeper channel. We call the other channel the 'fast' channel as there's no houses along there. When you're at the end of the deeper channel and it opens up, you'll see the steeper bluff with the house over it. Between that house and the large house across the water (left of you as you exit the channel) there's a hump. You'll have to have sonar to find it but it's is productive at times. If you are pointing south now over this hump, there's the other arm. The point is the one that is directly ahead of you on the left hand shoreline, pointing in the direction of west. These directions are rough as I am reluctant to give you lefts and rights. That point is almost always productive, no matter what time of year.

Thanks Eric. Went about two or three weeks ago. Caught a couple but from everyone I talked to no one had caught any fish that week. Must be all of this crappy weather we are getting. Anyways i was wondering if anyone has been out there recently to see if it has picked up.
Tight Lines

Back