Anyone find a better trap puller?

Oh wow, just an 80 amp breaker!
Our Ace Brutus is thankfully going strong. They replaced the switch and cleaned up the unit for under $25.
Sounds like the new ones are not as robust, too bad.

My ace is eight ten years old not a problem I use to pull 4 traps but switched to two per string and we fish 6 strings. My partner has a newer in 3 years old and had to replace a gear box last year.

Same as yours at least 8yrs, only changed out the aluminum block on shaft due to splitting from corrosion

All of the sport pullers are garbage.....pretty much toys.

If you want to stay electric go with one of these...

Had an ace for along time ran great the whole time probably 8-10 years still runs great but it sits in the shop now you wouldn’t regret going this route they are not even comparable to an ace

All of the sport pullers are garbage.....pretty much toys.

If you want to stay electric go with one of these...

Why don't any of them have an auto feed thing like the Ace? I can't go back to gently feeding the line into bucket again!!! Man they look fast though. I'm guessing you'd have to run your engine while using these things? I can't even imagine the draw on the batteries.

I think you just found the used older model ace that you were looking for. Grab it before it’s gone from the shop! ;)

Why don't any of them have an auto feed thing like the Ace? I can't go back to gently feeding the line into bucket again!!! Man they look fast though. I'm guessing you'd have to run your engine while using these things? I can't even imagine the draw on the batteries.
EZ Puller and Electra-Dyne both have hands free. Electra Dyne gets the best reviews, but it is a big unit.

EZ Puller and the Safe-T / My-T puller above are available with a Scotty mount.

The electradyne is definitely the best electric puller on the market. However it will flip a 20 foot boat. Really it's a commercial solution for an electric puller. I can see spending the money for the proper boat. Wicked equipment

The discovery bay hauler is pretty tough unit. That one will not stop and is completely hands free. For the sport guys I don't know what else you would want for 2 grand. Electra you would be double that by the time your done

Last edited:
Lol

Just look at the guy hauling line because of the reverse engineering there.

I haven't had any issues with my Ace line hauler either over the last 5 years. Recently upgrded to the new faster motor too.
Use 2 traps per line plus a 10 pound cannon ball.
Heavy wire (10GA?), short runs, and always keep one engine running while pulling to maximize current and voltage.

Back