Anyone ever added a front and side windows to a bimini?

Corey_lax

Crew Member
My boat needs a new top or be designated as a fair weather only boat. I can't bring myself to spend $2,500-3,000 on a custom canvas top that I would like to have. My boat is stored indoors and doesn't get used often enough so no point in dumping a bunch of money into it. I'm also not planning on keeping this boat for long because I need something bigger. I'm thinking about getting one of the premade bimini's tops that you can find for around $200. Has anyone ever added a windshield and side windows to one of those? It just doesn't seem like it would be too hard. Stitch on some zippers and make some side windows with Eisenglass and I have a bunch of black backpack fabric at home for some reason that could work. I could sew that stuff with a regular sewing machine. Sure, it won't be as heavy duty as a nice marine fabric, but it should do the trick. Anyone ever attempted it?

Sounds like a headache, my top was cheaper than your pricing for an 18’ hourston slope back included which you don’t need if your storing in the driveway are you on the mainland or island?

Sounds like a headache, my top was cheaper than your pricing for an 18’ hourston slope back included which you don’t need if your storing in the driveway are you on the mainland or island?
That’s also what i was quoted for a top and slope back on my 17.5 …

I’m on the mainland (Port Coquitlam). I’ve Been quoted $1800 for a top that ties into the windshield, but no side windows or back curtain. $2500 minimum with side windows and back curtain. I have a 18’er as well.

At that cost, I could build a glass and aluminum hardtop with scraps from work. I do like to have an open boat on nice summer days though.

Back