Anyone care to fish the salt on Friday?

fishhawk8

So Friday is my flex day here (Victoria) and I'm thinking that I'll head out somewhere to chase salmon. Most likely cohos but evidently there are some feeder springs about too. Fishing destination will be Sooke or Renfrew, weather and/or fishing report depending. I have room for one, if anyone's interested in joining me for the day. All costs are covered, but won't turn down gas money, lol. Just make sure you have the appropriate licence. Just post here or PM me. I'll contact you within the next day or two to coordinate.

George

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

Sounds like Renfrew has been pretty slow...
Probly better to save the fuel and fish Sooke.
:)

P.S. working friday [V]
wait, is that a tickle in my throat ...;)

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Thank ya' Mr. Craven,

That's the report I've been seeing too. Might just have to look at the Bedfords for a bit and then maybe stray a little further out to look for some cohos, if they aren't on the beach. Looks like it might be a little more worth while staying closer to home and wait a couple of weeks or for a good rain before hitting Rennie.

PS If you're coming down with flu like symptoms, lety me know. I have just the remedy. ;)

quote:Originally posted by fishhawk8

Thank ya' Mr. Craven,
That's the report I've been seeing too. Might just have to look at the Bedfords for a bit and then maybe stray a little further out to look for some cohos, if they aren't on the beach. Looks like it might be a little more worth while staying closer to home and wait a couple of weeks or for a good rain before hitting Rennie.

Hmm. Tough call. Because if the corner turns, and those big coho start arriving in Renfrew, that's pretty hard to beat. NitnatJunkie posted a pretty good Renfrew report...or at least 2 bad days and 1 really good. Do you have a Swiftsure-able boat? The weather call for Friday is looking pretty good, and the fishing sounds pretty productive out there. Sadly, I'm in Toronto for work Friday, and will be sitting in meetings dreaming about screaming reels... Good luck wherever you end up!

Hi Juandesooka,

Yup, I saw the NitnatJunkie's report too and was thinking the same thing. I don't think I would want to cruise out as far as Swiftsure, as I have a 17.5 Campion Center Colsole. I'm looking for rain to bring them into the bay or at least reasonably close, within a mile or two from shore. Sure sounds promising though and if we get enough rain on Thursday, who knows what might happen. We have a couple of days yet to figure a plan of action.

Hi FishHawk

I have a Campion 542, and have ventured out there a couple times on calm days. A bit of a clench at times, but do-able. I saw a guy out there last time in what I think was a 16.5' campion centre console, with two little kids. Seemed a bit sketchy to me, gunnels looked pretty close to sea level, but he seemed to be doing ok.

I'll keep you posted if I hear any good inshore reports. Or hopefully the Renfrew crew will be near a computer and send one in for you...

Good luck!

John

Thanks Juan...
It would have to be pretty nice before I'd want to venture toooooo far out there. I've fished out off of Rennie a few times before but we were in a much smaller tub (12 ft cartopper) and a lot of it is just common sense. I also got stuck out in some windy crap off of Secretary a week or two ago and now realize the fishable limits of my boat and when it's just not worth even attempting to try and fish. Hopefully we'll hear good weather and fish reports over the next little while.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

George

I'm free if your still going. Happy to kick in gas money & bring the beer(assuming...).
Dave

Hey Fishhawk,
My brothers got my boat,and I would like to get some dinner for my salmon CRAZED wife so if you still have an opening on Friday I would love to give you some gas $ and go.

Thanks..ps. would you mind letting me know even if answer is no, in which case I can make other plans?

quote:Originally posted by Mrtrailer

Hey Fishhawk,
My brothers got my boat,and I would like to get some dinner for my salmon CRAZED wife so if you still have an opening on Friday I would love to give you some gas $ and go.

Thanks..ps. would you mind letting me know even if answer is no, in which case I can make other plans?
My brother just phoned and unfortunatly...lol...;) isn't going to take my boat this weekend so I'll be going out on her.

Thank you anyways Fishhawk...tight lines.:)

Good morning all,

Thanks for all the responses. As I posted this request on the two sites that I frequent, I have accepted the earliest response.

Dave (alesnloggers) next time I'm looking for someone to go out for the day, you can have first right of refusal.

George

No worries. I should finish working on my boat anyways.
Tight lines,
Dave

Back