Anybody know how thick the gunnel is on a DE 185

RiverBoy

i have to install my new trollmaster to the underside of the gunnel and the thought of going right thru is making me sick. i’m planning on using 3/4” stainless screws. i suppose i could back out one of the bolts that attach my downriggers to the gunnel i just thought i’d ask here first. it feels solid as hell and i can barely see plywood thru the fibreglass but i still haven’t the foggiest

thanks

I think you would be safest to back out one of the existing downrigger bolts and measure. I had 2 Arima boats built years apart and the gunnel thickness was very different on both. It may be the same with other manufacturers.

I think you would be safest to back out one of the existing downrigger bolts and measure. I had 2 Arima boats built years apart and the gunnel thickness was very different on both. It may be the same with other manufacturers.

i think you’re right. that’s what i’ll do thanks

i have to install my new trollmaster to the underside of the gunnel and the thought of going right thru is making me sick. i’m planning on using 3/4” stainless screws. i suppose i could back out one of the bolts that attach my downriggers to the gunnel i just thought i’d ask here first. it feels solid as hell and i can barely see plywood thru the fibreglass but i still haven’t the foggiest

thanks

Can you post pics of your set up? Considering one myself my 185.

thanks
can you route the wiring nicely along your steering and throttle cables for the outboard etc and just nicely zap strap it all instead of bolting it down? Or are you referring to mounting the remote?

Last edited:
Back