Anybody Ever Seen One of These Plastic Spoons?????

Sharphooks

So I met this gal who owns a boat and likes to fish....

she showed me a plastic lure ----definitely NOT an Apex.

It looked majorly sexy: it's about 3 inches long, plastic, has a nice curve to it like a Coyote, and has the UV glow thing built into it

Someone painted half of it orange--- I think the original was just plain-Jane, green glow

Can anyone identify this lure?????

I probably should have gotten a picture of a side view but I didn't

Thanks for any comments out there

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a lot like a Tom Mac but a bit more angular-I'd cut that heavy swivel off to give it more action.

interesting. That split ring looks like its seen a few fish

Done a lot of searching online for "plastic salmon lure" . Nothing. Even slummed in the Walleye community ---- shot more blanks. Tom Mack as far as I can see only makes metal spoons. Ya, those splits rings have got to go. But the hook looks like it's seen some action over the years and gives the spoon more character

I'm intrigued. Wish it was mine--- I bet it has a nice flutter to it-- weighs almost nothing which probably promotes good action, and has that sexy inner glow going on

Is it thick?
I have a green a white one but has a scale pattern. I will look for it tonight

Hey Canso----yes, fairly thick for its short length (2 mm ??) It would have to be burly to punch in those metal rivets and have them hold at either end of the spoon. Orange strip was painted on by someone years ago.

I heard it was fished on a Deep Six and caught "lots of fish"----my guess, most were coho due to shallow depth but I'd wager if it were fished deeper it would be a good spring lure, especially early in the season when they're feeding on sand lance and needle fish. I like the idea of NO PAINT so there's no finish to worry about and the built-in GLOW.

OK, F.A., you're the man! Those rivets definitely clinch the deal

This will earn me major Brownie points with this Gal.

Thanks to all you guys for helping solve the mystery !

Uh oh, I was looking at F.A's pix on a smartphone. Now that I see the bigger pix on a PC I'm not seeing those tell-tale metal eyes punched into the plastic.

So, what do you suppose that spoon is? Definitely not made on someone's workbench in a garage. Looks fairly sophisticated

looks a lot like a Finnish ice fishing jig I will see if I can find mine and send a pic
Uh oh, I was looking at F.A's pix on a smartphone. Now that I see the bigger pix on a PC I'm not seeing those tell-tale metal eyes punched into the plastic.

So, what do you suppose that spoon is? Definitely not made on someone's workbench in a garage. Looks fairly sophisticated

Looks to be from the 60's.
Perhaps a Radiant brand, Pal, McMahon.
Reminds me of a Henry Smith Special! A coho lure.
Good luck on the hunt.

I think it is an imitation of an abalone/mother of pearl spoon. Google image has many with simlar construction at the rings.

Back