Anybody been out hali fishin of Victoria lately?

dawn2dusk

I am headin out tomorrow. Some good tides today and tomorrow. Fingers crossed i get my first of the year. yum need some fresh hali.

Heading out this afternoon with a buddy who got 2 on Sunday
70 & 48 lbs
Hope his luck is still holding out.
Will reportr later

Cheers !

I have been out every day since sat and except for sat have had limit catches.

Ah... I post about fishing!!!

Now everyone will be looking for the Bannana Boat;)

Got one sat.
Heard that someone on this site got a 48lb hali while salmon fishing yesterday.
That would get the Islander screaming!

See y'all on the water tomorrow but if anyone fromt the office asks I am working on the road :p]

Don't forget to get a new license!

Tips

Heading out with a buddy tomorrow. He got a buddy of mine one on Saturday, the pic is on another post, he said he'll get me into one tomorrow. Can't wait. Oh, and Tips, bring your own sandwiches, I don't make them like Timmy. LOL. [:eek:)]

I was out Sat,Sun,and Mon.and had our limit in less than 3 hours each day.I've never seen the Butts this plentiful(Don't tell anybody).I was lucky enough to pick up the rod of the biggest 78lbs.of a double header,introduced a newbie east coaster to west coast Hali.and my oldest son got his first ever.All in all a great first weekend of the season.

How far are you running from Victoria to your hot spots, i am on the mainland but can run-over for the day, never fished the Victoria area but would like to pick up a couple of Hali- butts. Fishing on the mainland you have to work for your fish and burn a bunch of fuel doing it. Jealous maybe a tad.

Need some advice! I want to come down from North Isl next week and fish Hali's off Constance, where is a good Motel or place to stay close to a launch to get to the Hali grounds?Maybe overnight or for 2 nights if the fishings good!!;) What about a good place to launch from?

i'm curious, are most you successful hali fishermen around vic anchoring? i don't really have a "spot" in this area so i prefer to drift to cover ground until i find one, and am curious if most of you went through a similar process or just parked on spots and waited for them to come to you.

thanks

Hey Dudds!

Never fished the bank, have made limited trips over to Vic from here (LML)and fished the vicinity. Each time I got lucky off of Discovery light. Mid-high 200 water, drifting. IIRC, where the sand met the rocks was the fishy zone.

I typically set-up on soundings, then drifted off.
Can't help more than that. The data is lost. :(

FWIW.

There no fish out there go and cut the grass or do some landscaping:D:D:Dno need to go fishing.
When I have gone dudds we always anchor here.

Wolf

We got a 35lb Halibut yesterday afternoon off a gravel bar
on Haro straight. 220' on a 10" mackerel.
beautiful afternoon, sun shining ane almost no wind.

wow! what a day yesterday...sunny and calm...tried Albert head and got nada not even a dog fish. Man o man Bananas how do you do it? I guess that i why you make the big bucks. You know what your doin.

At esq anglers hear a guy came in with 3 around 40lb yesterday.

O well...did a little salmon on way home and picked up a couple slot size for the BBQ tonight......kept the heads and scraps for prawns this weekend.

Good luck out there for those that need it :D

quote: O well...did a little salmon on way home and picked up a couple slot size for the BBQ tonight......kept the heads and scraps for prawns this weekend.

Did you know the slot size was lifted for hatchery fish ?
no need to throw those 20 lber's back ;)

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

quote: O well...did a little salmon on way home and picked up a couple slot size for the BBQ tonight......kept the heads and scraps for prawns this weekend.

Did you know the slot size was lifted for hatchery fish ?
no need to throw those 20 lber's back ;)

yes i sure do....thanks for mentioning though....I would have been kicking myself real hard if i had released one

Back