Any News on Halibut??

fisher69

Has there been any more discussion on what is happening with the halibut allocation?? It's definitly been tougher catching hali this year.

cheers

Where you fishing, it probably doesn't help everyone targeting the breeders guides dropping bait tubes the night before coming back the next morning to clean up. I can't see it getting any better

Hi MK, pardon my ignorance but what is a bait tube and is it something sport fishermen can do? Striper Sniper

As far as I know it's illegal they fill a tube up with guts and let it chum the water overnight return in the morning to the same spot marked on gps and you have a guaranteed hot spot, I've never done this but I know it's happening everyday, when you have a fleet of guide boats doing this every day, you get the picture

Thanks MK, I am learning something new everyday! I am hugely impressed with your success and your willingness to share your knowledge with others.:D Striper Sniper

ha ha Striper Sniper if you knew how much time I've wasted dragging gear around not catching anything you probably wouldn't think I'm succesful at all

While fishing and not catching isn't as fun as loading up, it in no way is a waste of time: scenery, wildlife, experimenting with gear, searching for new spots, all these things and more make a bad day on the water way better than a good day at work to use the old cliche.

Is it time for different halibut regs for sporties? C/R for anything over 80lbs?

I like your idea tubber, but I can def. see a huge grey area there... they do need to come up with something though and you are on the right track!

Back